• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

modifications section

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What are y'alls thoughts on creating a modifications section? A central place, regardless of boat make and model, where people can post the performance, cosmetic, DIY mods they are working on. My reasoning on this is there are so many subforums for each model that I've missed some mod ideas someone has done on their boat that I could also do to mine but I missed them because I don't browse often in other boat model subforums. Having so many model-specific subforums IMO can tend to dilute finding information that otherwise is not posted in the popular general forum sections. I had no idea some people were doing the things the do. I mean I guess I could make it a habit to occasionally lurk in other boat model subforums but that doesn't seem like the best way to utilize visibility and efficiency for finding modification type threads. Thoughts?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I agree with @Julian aome mods are boat specific too. I always liked posting electrical stuff in that sub forum. Other mods like storage, anchors lockers, intercoolers are more boat specific. It would tough to do and something would be missed along the way. I do the recent posts as it’s quicker for me to see what threads I want to view as it is a lot to go through all the sub forums one by one.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Perhaps we need to push the use of hashtags or at least someone posting a hashtag in a thread to signify a worthy item to mark?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
After years of using this and the previous forum, making suggestions, seeing changes made for one reason or another...it all boils down to how each individual user views the forum. Like @Julian said, the easiest way to avoid missing things, is to read often, the two mentioned forums. But for those of us that have other things going on and can't get to it daily, viewing it is very subjective then. If modifications for example were a sub forum, and grouped as such, but another user viewed his mod as a topic better used under a boat specific group, then the mod is lost to you if you don't search all the boat specific threads. I personally think we have WAY too many sub forums and that topics do get isolated. It would be great, but I don't think a Xenforo add-on, to have a thread be listed in multiple forums. But that is probably the best answer. For instance, like the iPhone photos...you take a pic and it is in your camera roll, but you can add it to any other named folders you want to. The problem is that the master folder is the camera roll. It may be a feature available to us, but then you have thousands of members that each use the forum in their own way, and posts get lost. Search is the best way to find things to date if you don't read to keep up everyday.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Perhaps we need to push the use of hashtags or at least someone posting a hashtag in a thread to signify a worthy item to mark?
The hashtag addon we have is not very strong....would be really good if it had a page where you could go to see the frequently used hashtags and popular ones....I do need to go look at the mod we put in for it in case there are updates to it.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think hash tagging is the way to go, especially now that I see you can watch them. We should come up with a standard # for several categories and within a few months members will be hash tagging the crap out of stuff.