1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Money Doesn’t Buy Happiness

Discussion in 'Comedy Forum' started by Eric Ballard, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Eric Ballard

Eric Ballard Jet Boat Junkie

Ratings:
    +775 / 21
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    “Money doesn’t buy happiness.” Uh, do you live in America? ‘Cause it buys a WaveRunner. Have you ever seen a sad person on a WaveRunner? Have you? Seriously, have you? Try to frown on a WaveRunner. You can’t!

--Daniel Tosh

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  2. captras

captras Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +569 / 29
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242 Limited S E-Series
    Boat Length:
    Money may not buy happiness....but it buys a lot of S*** that can make you happy!

3. txav8r

txav8r Jetboaters Admiral Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +3,132 / 25
    Boat Make:
    Boatless
    Year:
    NA
    Boat Model:
    Other
    Boat Length:
    NA
    Maybe this should be titled "DEBT" doesn't buy happiness!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ronnie

Ronnie Jetboaters Admiral

Ratings:
    +3,273 / 48
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Limited S
    Boat Length:
    I didn't take a selfie but I'm pretty sure the look on my face while being towed back on my broken Waverunner wasn't one of happieness.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Mainah

Mainah Jetboaters Captain

Ratings:
    +2,098 / 11
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Limited S
    Boat Length:
    IMG_0754.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love It Love It x 1
  6. Ronnie

Ronnie Jetboaters Admiral

Ratings:
    +3,273 / 48
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Limited S
    Boat Length:
    Is it just a coincidence that all of the “rich people” I know are happy?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ramblin Wreck

Ramblin Wreck Jetboaters Lieutenant

Ratings:
    +1,343 / 20
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Jet Ski
    Boat Length:
    Other
    If your are happy without money you’ll be even more happy with it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Beachbummer

Beachbummer Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +402 / 7
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    Money is like clean water or toilet paper. It's not enough to make you happy, but you will certainly be miserable without it.

The richest person doesn't have the most stuff, but needs the least. It's a state of mind. True riches are the ownership of ones time. The day I can boat the Caribbean without worry for money, or work, that's the day I'll be rich.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love It Love It x 1
  9. Ilmmct

Ilmmct Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +398 / 3
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Limited S
    Boat Length:
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love It Love It x 1
  10. Peelz

Peelz Jet Boat Lover

Ratings:
    +169 / 2
    Boat Make:
    Glastron
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:

came here to post this.

Meh Ive come out of my credit union office smiling more times than I care to admit LOL 4 wheelers. Motorcycles, boats. cars..... :) the smile just gets bigger when you clear that debt...

11. txav8r

txav8r Jetboaters Admiral Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +3,132 / 25
    Boat Make:
    Boatless
    Year:
    NA
    Boat Model:
    Other
    Boat Length:
    NA
    Life changes, and your priorities change with it. While we all want to create memories with our kids and extended family and friends, life changes.

When you get s few years from retirement, you will start looking at your wealth, or lack there of, and try to put together the finances in your remaining years of work, what would have been simpler during your working years.

For us, shrinking, downsizing, and paycuts, finally gave way to restoration of benefits and pay. Getting the kids out of college and off the tit so to speak, will help you redirect your funds to actually fund your own support, where you were just playing with the idea before.

I retire in 3 years and 6 days. The house will be paid for in 2 year 2 months, and the motorhome will he paid for in 1 year 11 months. We will have no outstanding debt going into our last year of work before we retire, and will stockpile all we were paying on the house and motorhome. Now, let me scare you...we paid double on our house the last 5 years and will continue the next two years. And that was after a 15 year refi at 2.75%. So our double payments will have paid it off in half...7 years. We have been maxing out the 401K and playing catch up since I was 55. So that is 24K a year. Add up the house (x2), the motorhome, and the 401K, and that paid will reduce my monthly expenditures by $6600/month. Also, no more paying life insurance, another $300/mo. And we saved $2k into normal savings each month to pay for cars/boats/etc. so that’s another $2k we don’t have to pay.

The point is, when you retire, the income stream stops, so the debt has to stop. Or you better be able to afford your debt with your “fixed” retirement income. How much per month will your retirement provide you? I say that tongue and cheek following a 10% reduction in the market.

Gents/ladies, I’m not half done enjoying my life. I may have to get another boat pretty soon, may not be what you or I expected, but we need to feel alive. Be sure while your enjoying your life today, you provide enough for tomorrow, those are the most important years you will have on this earth. It is those years you can be self sufficient...or a burden to your children.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 4