• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Monster Tower Group Buy

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Hello everyone!

I got in touch with Monster Tower and they are giving us a 20% discount. We only need 10 orders to satisfy the discount and need to order by December 30th. Please check it out, reach out directly to Monster Tower for the order, and post here if you have ordered so we can have an idea of how many of us ordered one. I really hope we can reach the 10 orders as the discount is pretty dang good. When calling or email Monster Tower please use our group name "JetBoaters" to be counted for the discount.

Thank you everyone!

From Monster Tower

Details are:

Order now thru Dec 30th, 2020! You would be able to take an additional 20% off any sales price you find on monstertower.com when purchasing a MTK with your order.
For example, MTK only in polished or black is $1,199.20
MTK (black or polished) & black bimini only is $1,638.40
We do need a minimum of 10 MTK towers to be ordered for the group to receive this discount. Please contact Katie, Tim, or Sierra at Monster tower to place your order to be held until 12/30/2020 and ordered if the minimum has been met.

Group Buy in.gif

BJSelzer

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thank you for organizing this! 20% on a $2k purchase is significant.

I've reached out to my local dealer to find out how much they would charge to install and more importantly how they would mount it (side vs top). If it has to be a side mount I will need to figure out if the boat would still fit into my vertical cable lift since it's already an extremely tight fit (rub rail has about 3-4 inches on each side). Should get those details today and will be able to see / measure this weekend.

Thx again!

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Thank you for organizing this! 20% on a $2k purchase is significant.

I've reached out to my local dealer to find out how much they would charge to install and more importantly how they would mount it (side vs top). If it has to be a side mount I will need to figure out if the boat would still fit into my vertical cable lift since it's already an extremely tight fit (rub rail has about 3-4 inches on each side). Should get those details today and will be able to see / measure this weekend.

Thx again!
Check this out! I've seen pictures of both side and top. And since the tower is universal you could do it as you needed to be. On my 195 I'm going with the top mount.

Kaiser211

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m interested - a couple questions maybe some knows: *Can you get any other color Bimini other than black? *Any photos of it posted on a SX240 (mine is 2012) *Is there any type of estimate or direction on installation if I would take it somewhere

Kaiser211

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m interested - a couple questions maybe some knows: *Can you get any other color Bimini other than black (update I see there are many color options :))? *Any photos of it posted on a SX240 (mine is 2012) *Is there any type of estimate or direction on installation if I would take it somewhere

BJSelzer

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I talked to my local dealer / installer. First of all he said the MTK is the way to go for the Yamahas. Secondly said the 20% off is cheaper than they can get it for. They only get maybe 10% off retail. He also said they always side mount. His opinion is that it looks odd when top mounted because the gunwhale is sloped so the tower sits too vertical. I too would love to see pics of it on our boats if anyone has any. Ideally would like to see both mounting options.

Their price to install was $1200 and another $200 to customize my mooring cover for it.

I'll be going to measure some things this weekend and should be able to determine if it fits my slip situation after that.

cse_80

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I talked to my local dealer / installer. First of all he said the MTK is the way to go for the Yamahas. Secondly said the 20% off is cheaper than they can get it for. They only get maybe 10% off retail. He also said they always side mount. His opinion is that it looks odd when top mounted because the gunwhale is sloped so the tower sits too vertical. I too would love to see pics of it on our boats if anyone has any. Ideally would like to see both mounting options.

Their price to install was $1200 and another $200 to customize my mooring cover for it.

I'll be going to measure some things this weekend and should be able to determine if it fits my slip situation after that.
You may want to get another quote on that install. The two boat places I've checked with quoted 300 and 500. 1200 is way up there. Also, it is a fairly straightforward install as a DIY (especially if you have another person to help) if you want to give it a shot. Monster now recommends taking it to an installer, but they give directions on their website on how to do it on your own.

Last edited:

cse_80

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m interested - a couple questions maybe some knows: *Can you get any other color Bimini other than black? *Any photos of it posted on a SX240 (mine is 2012) *Is there any type of estimate or direction on installation if I would take it somewhere
Check out the Bimini section on their website - several different color options. For pricing, I was quoted 300 and 500. Just call around and ask - they will know what a Monster tower is.

BJSelzer

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
You may want to get another quote on that install. The two boat places I've checked with quoted 300 and 500. 1200 is way up there. Also, it is a fairly straightforward install as a DIY (especially if you have another person to help) if you want to give it a shot. Monster now recommends taking it to an installer, but they give directions on their website on how to do it on your own.
Thanks for the heads up on your quotes. I was planning to call the other places in town anyway just to be sure, but definitely will now after I have a chance to measure everything down at the slip to make sure it won't cause a fit issue with the lift.

Kaiser211

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any idea if we will get to the 10. I think you can count me in. I’m happy they have color options. I have a dark blue SX240 and debating between their Navy and their Beige (Linen) as far as a color. My thoughts are I like the navy idea to match but would it look off if it doesn’t match close enough and will it fade and not look as nice?

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Any idea if we will get to the 10. I think you can count me in. I’m happy they have color options. I have a dark blue SX240 and debating between their Navy and their Beige (Linen) as far as a color. My thoughts are I like the navy idea to match but would it look off if it doesn’t match close enough and will it fade and not look as nice?
I sure hope we get to 10. I hear you on the color, my choice will be black on black.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry to butt in wanted to just say Aloha to Michal. That is a cool project you are working on. So many things to do...not enough weekends to do them! Good Luck with it! Post pics if you can, would like to see it through the stages.

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Aloha Scott!

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Hey everyone, please help me spread the word. So far it looks like we have only 2 orders in. I was hoping that this would be a lot more popular.

BJSelzer

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Unfortunately after doing some measuring in my slip I'm going to have an issue with both width and height. Appreciate your efforts, but it won't work for me until I'm willing to do some work on the boathouse and that isn't in the budget right now.

Best of luck!

cse_80

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just put in my order today and trying to get my neighbor to join in. Spread the word!

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

Kaiser211

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How many are you at - what happens if I put in and 10 don’t buy?

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I think we are at only 3 or 4 at this point. If we don't get to 10 we would not get the group buy discount. We will get notified once the time expires with our options.