• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Monster wakeboard tower on 2017 195

ModyGP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have the Sampson Harpoon.
https://samsonsports.com/wakeboard-towers/harpoon-wakeboard-towers/
That's me and my green 195 HO on their web page. Best purchase I have made for the boat so far.
It collapses below the window. It's nicer and easier to clean than the stock tower. Plus it doesn't rattle at speed.
Beautiful construction. They will customize it to your heart's content.

Last edited:

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's me and my green 195 HO on their web page. Best purchase I have made for the boat so far.
It collapses below the window. It's nicer and easier to clean than the stock tower. Plus it doesn't rattle at speed.
tower looks great! just out of curiosity, why did you purchase an aftermarket tower? I thought the impulse comes standard with a tower?

sixthgear

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks great. Did they have to add some type of support or reinforcement to the fiberglass before it was mounted?

ModyGP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
tower looks great! just out of curiosity, why did you purchase an aftermarket tower? I thought the impulse comes standard with a tower?
Thanks! The stock tower folded was over 8 feet tall. I was having to deflate the trailer tires to near flat in order to fit in my garage. After much research(storage rental vs raising garage door vs new tower), I decided the new tower was the best option. Plus the new tower doesn't have any flat metal panels or other complicated mechanisms. It just folds. Now when I get home, I just fold down the tower and back into my garage. No more fuss.

Looks great. Did they have to add some type of support or reinforcement to the fiberglass before it was mounted?
Thanks! They (Sampson) were able to mount the new tower exactly where the stock tower was located. No bodywork was needed. Mine was the first Scarab they had done. So it was used for the prototyping. Also, they were able to make my stock bimini top fit since all their towers are custom made. They measured out all the mount points and adjusted the support bars to get it to fit. They also resewed the hole where the nav light pops through.
Their aluminum work is phenomenal! Scott, the owner, is a great guy. He gave us a walk around tour when we dropped the boat off for the tower creation and install. Very impressive setup they have in Camas, WA.

sixthgear

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks! The stock tower folded was over 8 feet tall. I was having to deflate the trailer tires to near flat in order to fit in my garage. After much research(storage rental vs raising garage door vs new tower), I decided the new tower was the best option. Plus the new tower doesn't have any flat metal panels or other complicated mechanisms. It just folds. Now when I get home, I just fold down the tower and back into my garage. No more fuss.

Thanks! They (Sampson) were able to mount the new tower exactly where the stock tower was located. No bodywork was needed. Mine was the first Scarab they had done. So it was used for the prototyping. Also, they were able to make my stock bimini top fit since all their towers are custom made. They measured out all the mount points and adjusted the support bars to get it to fit. They also resewed the hole where the nav light pops through.
Their aluminum work is phenomenal! Scott, the owner, is a great guy. He gave us a walk around tour when we dropped the boat off for the tower creation and install. Very impressive setup they have in Camas, WA.
Thanks for the replies. My scarab didn't come with a tower so they may need to add some support. Also worried about boat warranty issues if I add the tower. Yours looks nice but I like how the monster tower folds down as well.

Surferd15

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Did you ever get a tower?

sixthgear

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you ever get a tower?
I did. I bought the HS1, just haven’t installed it yet. Waiting for the weather to warm up here in Wisconsin, later this month I plan to install it and I will post pics and a review then.

Surferd15

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Sweet thats what Im looking at too. How much did you pay for it? Im getting the bimini top too in black.

sixthgear

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sweet thats what Im looking at too. How much did you pay for it? Im getting the bimini top too in black.
It was on sale at Christmas time for $1100, the Bimini is $600.

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It was on sale at Christmas time for $1100, the Bimini is $600.
I'm interested to see the hs1 tower installed on a scarab! I was thinking about picking one up in the future but not convinced it will look good.

Franchise

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
can any of you w/the HS1 pics show a photo of how it looks installed? did you have it professionally done or do it yourself? do you know if you void warranty if done by yourself?

Brian Smith

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
I second that request I would also like to see what the finished install looks like compared to the over twice as expensive factory tower

sixthgear

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
892E8FCE-CF29-4E7B-91CC-EED3D3C3B11F.png The only pic online I could find

I ended up selling tbe boat before I could install the tower. So now I have a brand new factory sealed Monster HS1 tower for sale if anyone is interested. I will give you a great deal on it.

https://www.monstertower.com/hs1-wakeboard-tower.html

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Brian Smith

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Also interested if you don't sell to scarabpaul. Not sure how to use pm. We are wanting to add a tower to ours and were about to order this one from a local Monster dealer.

Last edited:

sixthgear

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sold it to Paul pending payment.

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
20181014_094346.jpg 20181014_094048.jpg 20181014_094055.jpg got the hs1 tower install right before winter storage! Thanks again to sixthgear for the private sale on this forum.

sixthgear

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks great, glad you got it installed!