• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mooring Cover 2021 Yamaha Boats

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Did anyone receive a storage bag for the mooring cover that came with their 2021 Yamaha Jet Boat? It’s a great cover, but I don’t know what to do with it when I take it off. Dealer recommends towing with the cover on at all times. Thank you in advance.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you are talking about the the black or gray Yamaha mooring cover, they don't come with a bag. I got the below bag off of amazon and it works good, although there may be better options. If you are talking about the white cover, the shipping cover, I would recommend buying the premium mooring cover.

As far as towing with the cover on at all times....... You will find some do and some don't. I don't if I am going local or within 30 miles, or I am not loaded up with stuff (additional things that don't fit in the port and starboard storage areas). Beyond that for the most part I tow with mooring cover on, but, based on other members experiences, I put oversized beach balls up front in the bow as well as use cut pool noodles on the window shield frame so the cover won't stretch and tear. I didn't like the the look of the pole up front when traveling at highway speeds. At least that is my SOP for what it is worth.

Amazon.com | COOLBEBE 47" Sports Duffle Bag - Extra Large Travel Duffel Luggage Bag with Upgrade Zipper, Durable & Water Resistant, Black | Travel Duffels

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Thanks. I have both covers. I like the pool noodle idea. Do you use the rear pole? I’ll have to try to beach ball idea. Do you just cut a split in the noodles so they slide on the windshield frame?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@RobbieO Yes just slit them and slide them over. No I don't use the rear pole per say, what I do is just use the straps without the pole in it, the cover then is suspended on the taught straps. But only if I am going really far.

Can't take credit for any of these Ideas, got them all from threads here. Apparently I have nothing better to do on a Friday night than read and answer threads :) My dreams are small......

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
👍Well, I work nights and spend a lot of time reading the forums. Thanks for the tips!

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
If you are talking about the the black or gray Yamaha mooring cover, they don't come with a bag. I got the below bag off of amazon and it works good, although there may be better options. If you are talking about the white cover, the shipping cover, I would recommend buying the premium mooring cover.

As far as towing with the cover on at all times....... You will find some do and some don't. I don't if I am going local or within 30 miles, or I am not loaded up with stuff (additional things that don't fit in the port and starboard storage areas). Beyond that for the most part I tow with mooring cover on, but, based on other members experiences, I put oversized beach balls up front in the bow as well as use cut pool noodles on the window shield frame so the cover won't stretch and tear. I didn't like the the look of the pole up front when traveling at highway speeds. At least that is my SOP for what it is worth.

Amazon.com | COOLBEBE 47" Sports Duffle Bag - Extra Large Travel Duffel Luggage Bag with Upgrade Zipper, Durable & Water Resistant, Black | Travel Duffels
I think I’m going to get that bag thanks!

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

I purchased the storage bag you recommended. Better than expected quality. Thanks..

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No problem. Its the small things that make boating easier.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Absolutely....I’ve learned so much on this forum. Do you have a bbq grill on your boat? The Magma are are pricey. I think I’m going with an infrared model, limited flare ups.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No I don't have the grill. To be honest, I have thought about it but the way we use the boat, it wouldn't get used much if at all. Especially clean up and such would be just something else to do. We make sandwiches and bring plates of cold cuts, cheese, wine, fruit, etc. Really wanted one, and the idea was awesome, but I am glad I waited till after one season with the boat, now I don't think it will be of much benefit. We also don't hang out at sandbars all day either, so if we did it could make more sense.

I bought way to much stuff before I realized what I needed and what works for us specifically. In retrospect I should have waited for a month or two to figure it all out. If I sent you my amazon and west marine order history it would be out right embarrassing. :rolleyes: Also, I am going to lay some blame on my over zealous purchasing on this forum and all the ideas and threads that get me thinking about things I need ;)

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I’ve spent so much $$ so far to outfit the boat. I love SiriusXM so I just got my satellite receiver and antenna. Going to do the install next week. I’m putting the brakes on any more purchases until I get my boat repaired and get a season in. You’re right about the grill. It would be nice to have, but I don’t enjoy cooking in the hot weather. We’ll see.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea, nobody wanted hot dogs, hamburgers or anything hot. It would be nice for early spring or late fall I guess.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
See it is discussions like this that cost me money...... :rolleyes:

We were talking yesterday about coolers and food, etc. I mentioned about the fact that some people get a grill but it seems like a lot of work and I am not really that interested. Next thing you know it was, "Hey that would be nice sometimes! Plus we could cook chicken which is great for your diet."

So ordered this yesterday and the mount. And started looking for a deal on a grill. The guy at west marine mentioned that they may be having a sale on the soon, sounded possible. This will officially put a bullet in the Tax Refund, and the end to upgrades for the year!

Yamaha Model 210 and 212 Transom Grill Stanchion – JewlsCustoms

Last edited:

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Looks like your Harbor spreadsheet needs a new category.....Grill maintenance

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Thanks. I have both covers. I like the pool noodle idea. Do you use the rear pole? I’ll have to try to beach ball idea. Do you just cut a split in the noodles so they slide on the windshield frame?
Hey RobbieO (or anyone with a 2021 25 foot) I have 2 covers on order for my 252SD. I expect them in 2 weeks. 🤞 When I signed the papers for my boat, my rep just inserted a factory cover into my agreement. I totally agreed. A month later, I was asked which cover I wanted. SNAP or TOWING. I asked what the difference was. (I had no idea) I was told the SNAP for mooring and a TOWING for, well..towing. I said SNAP because I have a slip and I was under the impression that the TOWING cover would be soaking in the lake if my boat was moored. I figured Id use the SHIPPING cover for travel. After thinking about it for a while, I decided to order the TOWING cover also and use the SHIPPING cover for storage. Shortly after that, I was reading about some of you having a MOORING cover. So I was F&%K sakes. Another cover? This is getting ridiculous.

I have to admit, I like the idea of having a BOW COVER for rough / cold weather but I'm not in love with SNAPS all over the boat.

So my questions are; does the MOORING cover sit in the water when it is on the boat?...and is the TOWING cover non existent? Am I just under the wrong impression and they are the same thing? TOWING/MOORING I'm talking True Yamaha, not OEM. Another question would be; does anyone tow with the SNAP cover?

Does anyone have any real-world experience before I give the goahead on the drilling process?

This is what I have found on Yamaha's retail site: I just emailed my dealer to see what it is I have on order... I'm starting to suspect all 3.

Thanks all!!!

MAR-255XD-BC-21 Bow Cover 1617032735430.png
MAR-255XD-CC-21 Cockpit Cover 1617032451600.png
MAR-25SXE-MC-21 Mooring Cover 1617032636410.png

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I'm going to assume the covers are designed the same for all the Yamaha's. The shipping cover I have is white and is heavy duty, and supposedly waterproof. It is a snug fit. It has ratcheting straps so it is a very snug fit. I would use this if I was storing the boat out doors. The mooring cover is black, which is recommended for towing, and it is also a snug fit. The dealer says it is permeable so not rally recommended for constant pouring rain. It has 3 poles that keep the cover from dipping. It's awesome, that's why it's around $900.oo Make no mistake, these are precision fit covers. I would never put snaps on my boat. If your cover shrinks etc., you'll have issues and then be stuck with the snaps. IMHO, the black mooring cover is second to none. If I was storing outside, I may have it shrink wrapped. I vote NO on the snaps! This what the mooring cover looks like. It had zippered buckets that cover all the cleats, and the ratchet assemblies. I haven't used the shipping cover, but it supposedly attaches in the same manner, but wore waterproof/resistant. As a side note, dealer recommended always towing the boat with the black cover on. You'll need to practice putting it on as well, especially doing it by yourself

Attachments

Last edited:

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Awesome looking setup! VERY NICE. Looking at the stern picture, it looks to me that if leave the boat in the water, im going to get wet installing that cover and it will sit bellow the waterline. Ya... thats a bummer. I was hoping it would ride higher. Thank you for the pics.

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Does anyone have a picture of a boat with the snap cover? That would be interesting to see.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Awesome looking setup! VERY NICE. Looking at the stern picture, it looks to me that if leave the boat in the water, im going to get wet installing that cover and it will sit bellow the waterline. Ya... thats a bummer. I was hoping it would ride higher. Thank you for the pics.
My boat will never be in the water with the cover on.....👍

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
My boat will never be in the water with the cover on.....👍
ok That is starting to make sense now. I'm kinda forced into the snaps if I'm leaving my boat at the slip. I don't like the snaps either....but It may be a necessary evil.