• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mooring cover installation?

waternutt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Does anyone have instructions on how to install the mooring cover on a 243 VR? First boat and first cover, so I don't think I have it setup right. I have the cover, 3 poles, and a bag of "trailering straps".

In my search online, I found instructions for a Sunesta and it showed straps that connected all the poles together, ties to the boat, and then the cover goes over top.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not sure if this the same manufacturer as the Yamaha mooring covers but this video helped me:

At the Sand Bar Again

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
My 223 VR is very similar, although I do not own the factory cover, it is very much the same as in the video, except the rear cleats are very low on the Chaps, so I use the grab rails in the back and the cleats in the front. One other note not mentioned in the video, is what to do with the bimini cover. I choose to leave the bimini under the cover when moored because of bird droppings. I know the factory cover has cutouts and Velcro to allow you to install the cover with the bimini upright. It also has cutouts for towers, which I do not have and why I opted to have a local canvas guy make my cover.

One modification I believe I mentioned in one of my earlier posts is to move, or add a second set of bimini mounting brackets to a location about 6-inches reward from the originals. This location allows the bimini to lay exactly on top of the windshield when forward, or center exactly between the front & rear facing seats when reward. The factory installed location of the front brackets allows the bimini to float in mid-air and bind in either position.

So, to answer your question, using the 3-pole system, attach the front straps to the front cleats, the rear straps to the grab bars on the swim platform, and have the third pole location just behind the windshield (and bimini). This raises the cover up enough to prevent collection of water.

Let me know if you need me to post photos.
Good Luck.
Tom.