• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mooring cover with out poles!

myblueheaven305

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
4C6D8FE6-DE11-4CF0-B821-6FB1D6FF97A0.jpeg 8F5BFB39-F8AB-469D-8239-CFEF6B8AD728.jpeg Easy way to put on Mooring cover.. even when using in Water, bought this from hangtyte, this eliminates the need for the poles on the inside of the cover.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great idea!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Brilliant

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

myblueheaven305

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@myblueheaven305 Do you have some more photos of this? How does it hold the bow up enough?
The device is essentially a hoist, it raises the cover up as your pull on the string, if you wanted you could add one to the bow too.

They have two in this video.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There is a button on the hoist and it releases the string
So you pull the cord to raise the cover, then effectively remove the cover and then release it from the tower by reaching the tower and releasing the cord? Seems pretty cool really.....

Has your cover been ok with hole cut into it for the connection point?

myblueheaven305

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So you pull the cord to raise the cover, then effectively remove the cover and then release it from the tower by reaching the tower and releasing the cord? Seems pretty cool really.....

Has your cover been ok with hole cut into it for the connection point?
Yes, My cover has been fine, there is a washer that is 4-5 Inches in Diameter that goes under the mooring cover and the top is 4-5 inches in diameter. I have thought about adding a patch where I made the whole (on both sides of the Mooring cover) just to give it added strength.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I have been in contact about a guy for building me a custom cover and I gotta show him this thing!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Would you still trailer with those? Or, is this mostly for storage? I'm feeling like the pressure put on by the wind when towing would be greater than the canvas would want to support. But, I guess if the cover doesn't rip with the poles in, maybe this would be the same?

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
cool, so you actually have to cut and install the "plastic washer holder thingy"?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would you still trailer with those? Or, is this mostly for storage? I'm feeling like the pressure put on by the wind when towing would be greater than the canvas would want to support. But, I guess if the cover doesn't rip with the poles in, maybe this would be the same?
I guess that is the best part of this system!
I always struggle with what to do for long tows: you are supposed to tow without the poles, but then you risk water pooling from the rain, say when parked in a hotel lot. Climbing into the boat to install those poles is a PIA.

With this gizmo, you would pull it up when the boat is parked, and release for towing. Perfect.

--

myblueheaven305

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The information I read from Hangtyte said it is designed for Towing.

myblueheaven305

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I guess that is the best part of this system!
I always struggle with what to do for long tows: you are supposed to tow without the poles, but then you risk water pooling from the rain, say when parked in a hotel lot. Climbing into the boat to install those poles is a PIA.

With this gizmo, you would pull it up when the boat is parked, and release for towing. Perfect.

--
You could release for towing then tighten once you reached your destination. This is much easier than climbing in to install poles.

The information I read from Hangtyte said it is designed for towing.

What do you think of this idea to help reinforce the moring cover?

I mentioned adding patches (5 inches by 5 inches) on both sides of the mooring cover. The patches would have the same size hole cut in them as the Mooring cover! A seamstress could sew around the whole to reinforce the fabric of the patch! My guess, The seamstress would cost no more than 10 to 20 dollars..

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The poles have more support than this would because the straps also provide support - all the way across the center, and down to both cleats at either end, so not sure I'd want to tow with this up....but down might be ok. As for towing down, then putting it up and lowering it again....seems you'd have to be able to get back to the release point to lower it again (the ratchet release hangs under the tower....so to release you have to get into the boat...unless they have a cord you can pull to release it external to the boat...which would be smart!)

Very cool idea though!

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How do you feel about the bow area of the boat? I have been really close to pulling the trigger on one of these for some time now, but I am concerned it wouldn't provide enough lift in the cover to prevent pooling in the bow area.

myblueheaven305

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
How do you feel about the bow area of the boat? I have been really close to pulling the trigger on one of these for some time now, but I am concerned it wouldn't provide enough lift in the cover to prevent pooling in the bow area.

They use 2 here in the youtube video. When it rained Friday I had no puddles on my Bow. If I need to in the future I will buy one for the bow.