• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Mooring whips or mooring bar?

Trm1765

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Does anyone have any experience with mooring whips or mooring bars? My boat sits in the water all summer and I currently have a dock with double fingers which has worked great for keeping the boat from rubbing. In a couple weeks I am moving and my new dock will only be on one side. I will need something to keep the boat from rubbing on the dock all the time and I am thinking of getting a set of mooring whips. I have never used the whips or bars and I am wondering if anyone has any pros and cons to either choice or something that might work better. I understand a lift would be in my best interest but not in the budget,, wish it was....

Last edited:
I have some friends that use the mooring whips. They are on a lake and river that gets really choppy with all the boats in the summer and we can get some strong winds. They seem to work really well and are so easy to hook up and disconnect from the boat. I have seen it so choppy or windy that the boat is bouncing all over the place but they have never come loose or let the boat hit the dock. The only issue I have seen is it can be a little iffy for elderly or timid people to step across a foot of water when the boat is moving all over the place. Never a problem for me or my friends.

My Dad kept a boat on the lower Niagara river, when his slip was out on the main river instead of the protected he used a bar to hold the boat off the dock. Every once in a while they would get three foot rollers off the lake and the bar worked great. He used a snubber like this one as a shock absorber.image.jpg

Back