• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Boat Most Likely Spam Ad -> 2016 Yamaha Boats 242 Limited E-Series - $24,000 CraigsList Ad Not Mine...Is It real???

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last edited:

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Lol definitely not. I'm 41% sure it's not a scam

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I ran the pictures through a reverse search engine and the pictures were unique...that's encouraging.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I hope it's legit, but something fishy here!

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Maybe it had hull damage

"Recently resurfaced gelcoat on keel and installed keelguard"

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
0% chance this is legit.

Just look at the language; it's pretty clear the Yamaha marketing language was converted from English to some other language and back to English. 'next-generation' to 'next-era generation'....'include' changed to 'encompass'...'throttle-by-wire' changed to 'throttle-by way of-wire", just to name a few.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sounds like a scam, saw a ton of these at the end of summer on the Milwaukee and Chicago Craigslist sites.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Any time you find something on CL that's too good to be true...….it's too good to be true.
My .02
But if you have some time and enjoy messing with people, they are fun to call! LOL (Yes---I take spammer sales calls! I answer them "Pool-A-Rama can I help you?" and then try to sell them a swimming pool, hot-tub, jaccuzi bathtub, bucket, cup or thimble.....I actually made it all the way to thimble with one person and I was laughing so hard I was crying".

I've also tried to get the "You have a virus guy - to admit he's a scammer, quit his job and get a real one"....I was on for an hour with that guy! LOL It start we me pretending to fat finger the URL he wanted me to type, with me saying "it keeps saying page not found" and him getting more and more frustrated with me. I feel like I was doing my part to keep him busy and away from people like my Dad who would fall for his BS. Community Service! :cool:

rayski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
10 to 1 says that if you communicate with “the seller” you will get a story something like this. “My husband died and I don’t need the boat. It is currently winterized and wrapped, ready to ship to you. Once you inspect the boat, if there is anything you don’t like, I will pay for return shipping”. Oh yeah, prepaid prior to shipment.

Ask me how I know :cool: Like Julian I had fun playing with them, until I just vanished.

BillyOcean

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2016 Yamaha Boats 242 Limited E-Series - $24,000

40% sure it's not a scam. Would be a great deal if it was true. Will delete if it's a scam.

(as you can tell, not my Ad, just found it browsing)
Dude I saw the same one...I hit them up two weeks ago no response. Same type of adds near me in Nashville. Price is just too good...

So...I just bought a 2018 AR 240 from a dealer here in Nashville. Let me re-phrase...I hope the add was a scam otherwise I just way over paid market price!😏

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There is a reply option which I have used to inquire further. Nothing yet. Maybe too many scams at the same time so they have not had a chance to respond?

Fordman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dude I saw the same one...I hit them up two weeks ago no response. Same type of adds near me in Nashville. Price is just too good...

So...I just bought a 2018 AR 240 from a dealer here in Nashville. Let me re-phrase...I hope the add was a scam otherwise I just way over paid market price!😏
Did you just buy the used 2018 AR240 from anderson marine?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's weird, I never heard back. Maybe his machine crashed. It's a crappy scam if they don't reply ever.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Administrative Sorry for the pain inflicted, I realize I can't easily delete the thread. It does appear to be a scam, or at least an unresponsive seller. I realize I cannot delete the thread. Please delete at your convenience. Thanks!

Fordman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Getting it cleaned up this weekend for me for delivery next week.
That's a beautiful boat, congratulations! We looked at the one a few weeks ago to. In my opinion anderson marine is one of the best dealerships I've ever dealt with before. Dillion, braxton, and ray anderson are amazing and always seem to go out of there way to help you.