• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Motor swap MR1HO into a Sr230 non Ho

Atsumal

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looking to swap my motors out that had catastrophic failure in my 2003 SR230. I Have 2 mr1Ho motors from 2007 Fxho Waverunner’s. Will they work in the boat? Any special things need to be done? Was thinking the ECU from waverunner may have to be swapped over but mounts seem similar and everything else looks like it will match up?

thanks

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have little knowledge but, crankcase numbers do not match up on Yamaha Sports Plaza OEM Parts.
1609175100089.png

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just by looking at the pics the motor mounts will have to be changed possibly but then you might run into alignment problems with the impeller shafts lining up. I would think that it can be done but it just depends on how mechanically inclined you are and the ability to fabricate if needed to adapt everything.