• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mount for tablet

newbote

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What brands/type have you all purchased for a tablet mount. There are a million choices want to make sure I get the right one.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bruce has a nice one IIRC

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce has a nice one IIRC
Nope, mine fell apart at night in 3' chop in 2014 leading to my decision to upgrade to a real plotter using RAM mounts. If I was going to use a tablet again I would look at RAM mounts. You will also want to have a charging cable connected and plan to replace that cable frequently.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

newbote

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Has anyone tried a cupholder mount? The cupholder on the left hand side of the help is actually a good place for it but not sure how well the cupholder mounts work.

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@newbote I just ordered one off Amazon last Friday. Waiting on it to arrive so I can test it out. Will let you know how it works when I get it.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone tried a cupholder mount? The cupholder on the left hand side of the help is actually a good place for it but not sure how well the cupholder mounts work.
I have the long one. Don't have a good picture of it, here is one, I usually have it up right though.
It works great in smooth water, for water sports etc., very ergonomic and out of the way. Holds my ginormous iphone 6s plus where I want it. However I would not trust it in chop or any kind of weather, I think it would fall apart.
upload_2017-5-23_22-58-22.png

--

Last edited:

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This one

upload_2017-5-24_9-55-18.png

Just seeming to take forever to ship. It was in stock when I ordered it but no movement on the shipping yet.