• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mounting Terrova on FSH190 - Batteries and Mount

sbry

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Hi everyone,
I just bought a 2016 FSH and loving it so far. Just picked up a new Terrova (24v, 80, 60”) and would like to install myself, but have a couple questions I was hoping you all might have some thoughts on:

1 - We don’t have access to power at the marina where the boat is stored, so I’m thinking it might be best to go with lithium batteries so I can easily pull them out and take them home to charge after each run. Does that make sense? Any recs on good value batteries in this category? Assuming I’d need 2 12v?

2- I was able to source the mounting bracket from someone in a Facebook FSH group. But wondering if I should install the motor directly onto the bracket, or get a quick release mount to go between them. I’m guessing I’m going to have to adjust the (original Yamaha) cover anyway, since it’s not likely to fit over the mounting bracket, even with the motor removed? I’m sure some folks have been down this road before!

I am new to boating, and generally a bit of a dumbass with this stuff, so I’d be grateful for any thoughts/comments or past f’ups anyone can share!

Thanks!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Welcome!

You can go with this battery 75Ah 12V Group 24 LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery and set it up with a single plug to disconnect it. It’s not that it makes sense, it sounds like your only option since you don’t have access to power. If you find that you need more run time you can connect another one in parallel.

So, if you want to do this install, will you trailer your boat to your house?

You may also find that the house battery will need to be set up the same way as the charging system on your boat doesn’t put out a lot of power. There’s more to doing the house as a LiFePO4 battery though, so you may want to set up the house battery with quick disconnects as well.

Get a quick disconnect set up for your trolling motor mount. The cover may have a pocket for the mount without the motor of course.

You will also want to install a good quick disconnect for the electrical hook up for the troller as well. MinnKota makes a nice heavy duty one that is simple.

There are quite a few threads regarding trolling motor mounting and such.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
i have a 190 with quick release mount for terrova, downside is that thing is heavy to remove and put back but on the good side you know you can put it away safe from theft if thats one of your concern. Here's my thread on it
Btw the quick release mount block from minn kota lined up with factory mount holes of yamaha so no mod needed, in my case at least. Another big plus is you cover your boat with the factory mount/cover but needs to remove the trolling motor.

FSH 190 Sport trolling motor install | Page 2 | JetBoaters.net - The World's Largest Jet Boat Forum!

Last edited:

sbry

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
i have a 190 with quick release mount for terrova, downside is that thing is heavy to remove and put back but on the good side you know you can put it away safe from theft if thats one of your concern. Here's my thread on it
Btw the quick release mount block from minn kota lined up with factory mount holes of yamaha so no mod needed, in my case at least. Another big plus is you cover your boat with the factory mount/cover but needs to remove the trolling motor.

FSH 190 Sport trolling motor install | Page 2 | JetBoaters.net - The World's Largest Jet Boat Forum!
Fatboyroy - your thread is great, nice job on the install. The Minn Kota receptacle seems oddly expensive to me… would something like this work?

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Fatboyroy - your thread is great, nice job on the install. The Minn Kota receptacle seems oddly expensive to me… would something like this work?
Looks like you have to replace both male and female connector to match and you should have no problem (i saw this in review). If I were you I would look for a more detailed review, does water get in and corrode line etc. 1681947505137.png