• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

My 1st time to change my oil and spark plugs...

Tiger J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok, I want to do this myself this time. BUT the "Step by Step" link on the FAQ page is not working. Oil Change step by step

Does anyone have an old copy saved somewhere?
Also, I need to know all of the equipment necessary to make it as easy as possible.

Which spark plugs should I use? I have a '08 212X.

(The local Yamaha shop said it would be around $400 for the oil change... without new plugs.)

Does your boat have the 1000cc mr1? The other diy about a complete drain is also good, you would just stop when he goes to remove the drain plug.

markingyamaha part numberdegrees
port6P6006p6-R1321-00-0018.1'
starboard6P6106p6-R1321-10-0015.1'
filterKN303mobil m1-110
oil10w-30mobil one full synthetic
plugscr9eb6955 -reg
- iridium
ignittion key#
462​
key type YH 38 or X77

also, if you're ever in need of a part you can go to Yamahasportsplaza.com or some other parts site and it will pull a schematic and tell you parts,

I also started a conversation with you (top right of your screen),

Back