• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

my AR190's custom SeaDek is in!

adamsrotors

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
smoke grey, custom diamond pattern, with ALL options plus customized dash pieces...SO stoked.
big s/o to JetBoatPilot for the quick turn around. once order was officially in, it shipped that friday!

---

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That is perhaps the most expensive dog bed I have ever seen! 🤣

I love how the diamond pattern turned out man. Nice choice!

Nauti-Nurse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That looks fantastic! My SeaDek is in the box, I'm getting ready to install. Any tips on your install you can share? Hind sight is always 20/20.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Man, that looks great. Maybe enough to convince the wife this is really a mod we need!
My wife was the toughest one to convince since it is not cheap. But she is the biggest champion of it now that we are on our second boat with custom flooring. Totally worth it!

adamsrotors

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That looks fantastic! My SeaDek is in the box, I'm getting ready to install. Any tips on your install you can share? Hind sight is always 20/20.
take your time...I actually really enjoyed it.
test fit, pull back a corner, test fit again, and slowly pull paper back as you keep it in place.

jryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dang, that looks amazing! I ordered the same color but in the teak looking pattern. I'm in the midst of my install as well. QQ, where'd you find the flagpole holder?

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is that round flat spot there intentionally for a flag holder?

jryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Adam, thanks for sharing, you prompted me to get mine done tonight as well...and shop for a flag pole holder and flag! I researched extensively (prior to tonight) and decided to DIY my seadek as opposed to spending the 500 my dealer wanted for install. My lessons learned or tips I picked up from others, (sharing here as we both have 2017 AR190's, figure we can help our fellow friends)

Snap holes - I heard everyone talking about the holes from the snaps and how ugly they looked when filled with 5200. My kit did not leave any exposed holes (thanks @JetBoatPilot) and even if it had, they were really small. I did however use 5200 to seal the holes although technically, I think a marine caulk or something equivalent would've worked fine since mine were all under the mats.

Surface Prep - Acetone, lots of it, scrub and use generously.

Alignment and application - lay everything out, plan your attack, for me I started with the gas tank panel first and worked my way up the center. From there, I did the sides. I used a laser level to ensure I had my lines aligned. Also, align your mats and use scotch tape to hold them in place, even with your weight on them, they can shift, the tape helps hold them in place.

On the large pieces, I scored the backing in a few different areas, it helped me to take it section by section as I applied which was less stressful.

IMG_1421.jpgIMG_1422.jpgIMG_1427.jpgIMG_1411.jpgIMG_1416.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Seadek install came out great! Nice fur baby too!!

Is that round flat spot there intentionally for a flag holder?
The flat spot is for the SX boats that don't have a tower. Their stern navigation light pole goes in there I believe. I was going to use that spot once upon a time to mount a plug receptacle for the onboard charger.

Last edited:

jryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

adamsrotors

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
a bit overkilll. I didn't fill any holes, used zero acetone, and no laser level, haha.
...I washed it out, cleaned with windex, let it bone dry out in the sun, leaf blew any debri, and did final clean rag wipe before I stuck each piece down by eye. took me maybe 30-45 minutes and it's perfect. extra set of hands from my girlfriend was a important.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The flat spot is for the SX boats that don't have a tower. Their stern navigation light pole goes in there I believe. I was going to use that spot ce upoon a time to mount a plug receptacle for the onboard charger.
Beat me to it. I'm considering putting a recessed outlet for my inflator there.

YamaNoob

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great looking install. Any concerns with the SeaDek sticking to the bumpy swim platform?

jryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nah, it seems to adhere pretty well. Make sure you press down the edges well as I think that helps seal it.