• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My boat doesn't pee

Funtacular

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I get no water out of any of the ports on side when running boat on hose. I haven't launched it since I bought it. Concerns?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Depends..If water pressure is low, the pressure may not be enough to see the water. Run it on the water to be sure. Also, take with you a long zip tie or some weed eater string, insects like to take mud in the holes for whatever reason and can clog it. If you still don;t see water try running the string from the outside of the holes in, and it just might fix it.

The cooling pump is very simple on this boat...it's just a hole on the jet pump that brings water in...generally that works very well and it's not very complex. I bet you don't have an issue at all, but better over prepared and over attentive than surprised.

Funtacular

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks. Will try probing the ends. Should it send water no matter what? Or only when it gets hot, etc.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks. Will try probing the ends. Should it send water no matter what? Or only when it gets hot, etc.
Yes it flows no matter what. Unless its blocked of course

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
As been said wouldn’t worry too much til you are on the water. If your house water has low pressure it may not be enough to get water out the pee holes. The pressure in cooling system is created by the jet pumps so when on the hose the only pressure in action is your actual house water pressure. When on the water there should be water out the pee holes at all times. But at idle occasionally I have only a dribble. The real indication that everything is fine is when you apply throttle you should get a real forceful and consistent flow.

Livewire

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have low water pressure and my boat rarely pees on the hose. Even at idle on the lake my pee holes barely seep, but once I throttle up they have plenty of pressure and flow.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Bugs like to make nests in the pee holes I put golf tees in over the winter. One time it was so blocked up the weed cord would not work so I disconnected the hose by the motor put a reducer on the water hose clamped it turned it on the hose expanded then shot out some black gunk out of the pee hole. Must have been a mud dauber some crazy bug that makes a dirt nest

Last edited:

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Bugs like to make nests in the pee holes I put golf tees in over the winter. One time it was so blocked up the weed cord would not work so I disconnected the hose by the motor put a reducer on the water hose clamped it turned it on the hose expanded then shot out some black gunk out of the pee hole. Must have been a mud dauber some crazy bug that makes a dirt nest
As an alternative to golf tees, I use the disposable ear plugs, they work great.

Funtacular

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I have been able to clean out quite a bit of shit in the lines. However, they still don't pee. Guessing I got more stuff to get out. Can anyone provide me a visual of which of the lines on the engines I need to take off in order to reverse probe them? Also trying to figure out which pee hole is which. I have two little ones and one big one in the back and two little ones in the mid.

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've only experienced this when my clean out plugs were not seated completely. I'm no expert on how the system works but I can say for certain, that "one time" my plugs were not seated completely I had nothing more than a dribble coming out. Once I realized what the issue was I pulled the clean out plugs, cleaned around the edges, re-seated them with a few yanks for assurance and then had good water flow out of both ports at idle and running at speed. Hope you get this figured out and keep us posted.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Go to min 2:40 it shows the hose to disconnect from the exhaust then take the flush hose used for the motors it fits nice and snug in the hose than turn the hose water on . Its best if you have the hose water flow control at the hose end it should blow that that stuff out . You have two pee holes and the large one is the bilge pump outlet

Great video of the water flow

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Funtacular don't probe them, blow them out. Disconnect both hoses at the motor. Video above shows hoses or just follow the hoses down from hull thru fitting to the engine. Probably just a simple spring clamp to slide up and you can pull hose off. Now have someone blow compressed air into the fitting on the hull (on outside of boat). Be prepared for lots of junk to come out at a high rate of speed. Having a bag to collect crap will save you a lot of cleanup. DO NOT BLOW AIR IN THE PEE HOLES IF THE HOSE IS CONNECTED TO THE ENGINE! If you don't have compressed air then water hose will work too (just more mess).

First time I did this I was amazed at how much came out of that hose. No way a weedeater line will clear all that. Maybe poke a hole in it, but won't remove it. I did this 3X a year for years until I finally got smart enough to just simply cover the holes with masking tape at the end of every day to keep the mud daubers out.

I have tried my method in reverse, ie blowing the crud out of hull side (putting compressed air on engine end of hose) but due to the fitting on hull being smaller the crud just gets packed in harder due to the constriction point. So don't waste your time trying that.

Funtacular

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks again guys. Some really good ideas here. I wish I had access to compressed air but that is one toy/tool I have not gotten in the garage yet. At least now that I know which hose I am working with I should be able to get to the bottom of it. Will update when I have results but am headed out on vacay for a bit so it won't be today! The video is great. Thanks again!

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks again guys. Some really good ideas here. I wish I had access to compressed air but that is one toy/tool I have not gotten in the garage yet. At least now that I know which hose I am working with I should be able to get to the bottom of it. Will update when I have results but am headed out on vacay for a bit so it won't be today! The video is great. Thanks again!
You can try using a wet/dry shop vac. put the suction end over the pee hole while running the engine on the hose. Put the engine in no wake mode. This way you are getting water pressure pushing and the vac is pulling.

t1bray

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
For what its worth . My lines were not peeing as well .
I took lines off at motor and used air compressor to blow out for the two exhaust holes .
Then I took compressor to the outside engine holes /valve side and blew through them in reverse .
Now it pees like a dream on flow max !!

jtink

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just so I'm clear l, the 2 red hoses that connect to the wye fitting, as long as I remove or (cut to install shut off valve) the red hose and put it into a bucket then use a compressor to put air in the pee hole ?

Attachments

jtink

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just so I'm clear l, the 2 red hoses that connect to the wye fitting, as long as I remove or (cut to install shut off valve) the red hose and put it into a bucket then use a compressor to put air in the pee hole ?

Never mind, not sure what I was thinking. The red hoses are obviously for the water connection to hook hose up.
The black hose the connects to the exhaust is what I want

Funtacular

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So my boat was peeing up a storm yesterday. Managed to force a weed whacker line through both and sure enough they started to run normally. Thanks for the great ideas!

jtink

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I hooked a air compressor up and blew mine out into a bucket. WOW, I cannot believe how much stuff came out..