• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

My End of Summer Video and Picture compilation

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The title is very much self explanatory, this compilation covers my weekend activities during the last month of Summer. I'm sad that it's over but I'm already looking forward to the next one.

Boating related milestones:
1. Wakeboarding with my son.
2. Taking drone footage of my son wakeboarding.
3. Getting my video editing time down from 1 hour per minute to 20 minutes per minute.

Boating related regrets:
1. Not boating in any new waters.
2. Not acting on @Ajohn5555 's invitation to Lake Tahoe.
3. Not trying harder to get some of us West Coast forum members together on the water.

2015 Goal: Make this year's regrets next year's milestones.

Here is the link (sorry about the delay, we had our first rain in a while last night and it killed the power during final processing). Hope you enjoy it.

Last edited:
We have lots of West Coast members. Who will organize the 2015 gathering?

image.jpg

Lake Powell, not likely for anyone in N. Cal. It's a 12 hour drive without a boat from SF to Las Vegas. I would add at least 3 hours with a boat plus whatever it takes to get to Lake Powell from Vegas. I was thinking something more like Lake Tahoe but don't know enough about costs or accommodations to make such a recommendation. New Melones or Don Pedro may be better since there are hotels in the area and I don't think they conduct quagga or zebra mussel inspections. As an SF Bay Area resident I'm technically in NorCal but consider myself to be in central California from a north to south perspective. However, I'd be willing to tow my boat 300 plus miles north to Lake Shasta or 300 plus miles south to Pyramid Lake (assuming there is enough water in it to boat at speed). Lake Folsom and Lake Berryessa which are about 100 miles from SF are also a viable options.

I would love to hear other suggestions from the West Coast members. What say you where a group gathering location for next summer is concerned?

FYI - I plan to boat to the SF Fleet Week show this year on Saturday Oct. 11th, especially if the Blue Angels will be flying, but will pass if they weather is bad. I won't know until the night of the 10th or the morning of the 11th. If anyone here will be taking their boat out to the event maybe we can raft up together.

Last edited:
Problem with the west coast is everything is so spread out it makes it inevitable that members will have to travel 10+ hours no matter the location. Which makes a west coast gathering hard.

Lake Powell 2015...!

I doubt that I would make it Lake Powell 2015, but if you guys get the event started I will make it to 2016 or 2017. We definitely want to visit Lake Powell!

I vote for Folsom. That has nothing to do with the fact that the ramp is 10 minutes from my house. Nothing at all.

Tahoe is spectacular, but it is expensive to boat there and if people want to do water sports it's really not the best place. Oroville could be good - it's very large and is a good lake for fishing, watersports, swimming, whatever.

Ideally, though, you'd want a lake that has at least a fair amount of sandy beach, which is not all that common in our reservoirs up here. Folsom has a particular section that would work well for a big gathering - with sandy beach, nice gradual drop off, etc.. If that area is occupied, though, you're pretty much relegated to anchoring out in a cove someplace. Not the end of the world but less than ideal if there are a lot of kids in attendance.

I vote for Lake Powell, Lake Mead, Lake Havasu. All of these lakes would be great for a gathering.

I vote for Folsom. That has nothing to do with the fact that the ramp is 10 minutes from my house. Nothing at all.

Tahoe is spectacular, but it is expensive to boat there and if people want to do water sports it's really not the best place. Oroville could be good - it's very large and is a good lake for fishing, watersports, swimming, whatever.

Ideally, though, you'd want a lake that has at least a fair amount of sandy beach, which is not all that common in our reservoirs up here. Folsom has a particular section that would work well for a big gathering - with sandy beach, nice gradual drop off, etc.. If that area is occupied, though, you're pretty much relegated to anchoring out in a cove someplace. Not the end of the world but less than ideal if there are a lot of kids in attendance.

Agreed. We could blow up towables, islands and such but a good shore to hang out on is a must. Also need to consider if camping is allowed and/or proximity to hotels. Lots of hotels in or near Folsom/Sacramento. I don't know about the camping options or amenities (e.g. showers, ramps, etc) at Folsom Lake though.

I doubt that I would make it Lake Powell 2015, but if you guys get the event started I will make it to 2016 or 2017. We definitely want to visit Lake Powell!
Im down with that!! Rent a houseboat!!

Back