• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My latest big non-boat related project

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well big for me. I purchased a 2005 Acura TSX from a good friend and just finished “doing it up”. Some additional context: She was the only owner and drove it like a little old lady from Pasadena. The car had 140k (mostly freeway) miles on it. It was always maintained by the dealer (Including expensive oils changes, new tires, etc.). The water pump and control arms needed to be replaced and the front windshield had a long crack in it that was in the center of drivers field of view.
90D43566-B988-4225-A809-44DF10F5428B.jpeg
What I’ve done or had done to it.
Complete tune-up/maintenance/oil change, including new iridium plugs. Replaced the control arms, water pump, windshield, engine and in cabin air filters with cleanable/ reusable versions from k&n. Buffed out the cloudy/foggy head light lenses. Got new license plates and license plate frames, I also had the five rear windows tinted, installed dash and rear view cameras With a touch screen rear view mirror, a blue tooth / auxiliary input module With usb charging port, which is integrated in to the factory infotainment system and a wireless charging cell phone mount with usb charging port, all weather floor mats and trunk liner, cargo net, and weather gfloor mats and trunk liner. I just painted the brake calipers and had the car washed, waxed and refueld.

82FCF6BE-224F-4D65-8E9B-C0556BE94F05.jpeg
Total cost, about $5k. That is $3k for the car, another $1,300 for the initial mechanical repairs and maintenance plus $700ish for everything else including sales tax.

Finally, I gave it to my Son as a high school graduation gift.

I have not figured out what my next non-boat related project will be yet but have figured out that I’m not going to start it for a few months.

2BE1AB40-6E19-4369-8289-B679BD20D7DD.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Love Acura’s, I had a 2006 TL that I adored. Such a great drivers car, but be wary of the transmission. The Honda 5 speed auto from that era are notorious, and never under any circumstances let them “flush” it. Drain and refill only. Otherwise, keep up with the maintenance, timing belt, etc those K24 4 cyl are darn near bulletproof.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Excellent !! That should serve lil' ronnie well,

After my 400k avalon i wouldn't hesitate to buy a 100k plus car if i knew the owner

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks guys, I forgot that I had my mechanic replace the belts along with the water pump soon after I bought the car. He said the same thing about never flushing the transmission so I’m sure he didn’t do so.