• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My new 2016 Sport...

j_shoe99

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just ordered a new leftover 2016 Sport, and it will be delivered this week, hopefully.

It's a bone stock unit, so I need to start rigging it up(aka: ordering stuff)

What's necessary to buy right away??
-Yamaha Mooring Cover (since it's sitting in my driveway all Summer)
-Obvious safety equipment(PFD's, flares, etc)
-JBP Console Organizer
-Thrust Vectors or Cobra Steering System (hopefully it helps w/slow speed trolling)
-Lines and Anchors
-??

I suppose a spare trailer tire would be a good idea too?

Phase two will consist of trolling motor/batteries, and larger Hummingbird 9" or 10" GPS. I'll use my existing 5" humminbird until Wife approves a new one.

and a big THANK YOU to this group, for the great information out there!

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Congrats and welcome to the club! Its a great little boat for the money.
Lots of great info in this forum for. Im sure the guys will chime in...

Have a good fender set up/damage protection plan in place before taking her out.
Simple things like this are a bear to figure out last minute on the water...
It seems that every dock has a rouge nail sticking out just waiting to scratch up new boats.

I didnt do the Yamaha mooring cover. I went with a quality cover that fit decent and saved myself $400.
The cover is a sacrificial item imo... But if you got the money, the Yamaha cover looks real pretty. :)

Im sure you have read about all the little quirks (little quality control issues) about our boats. Make sure your dealer get them taken care of pre-delivery.

Enjoy!

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
necessary
is the key phrase. A better answer would relate to how much money and time you have allocated to your FSH project. You pretty well covered all the" need" items, the rest falls into the Want category. What may fall under obvious safety equipment for you may not cut it for others. Will you go off shore, inshore or both? A dedicated VHF would be a good idea and maybe a hand held back-up if you go offshore. An ACR would also be a good idea if you go off shore but again it all depends on your definition of safety equipment?

Are you going to fish at night? A few banks of LED's would be helpful.

Do you have a jack for the trailer? Lug wrench and extra lug nuts?

The factory speakers crap out above 6k rpm, an amp and second (or more) bank of speakers will all depend on how much of your check book gets thrown at it.

There's a million other little things that you'll find you just can't live without but it will all depend on where and how you use it.

This site will help out as your FSH evolves.

Cheers

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Congratulations!
I love my FSH and went through the same decision making process.
First off, equip your boat with the required items e.g. life vests, flare, etc. I recommend a floating VHF radio and if you have family going with you, instruct them on how to use the radio.
I made a laminated quick-ref with navigation basics and radio basics kept in the storage locker below the helm.
Tonkatoy is right about the fenders. Protect your new boat! I use the rectangular fenders since they lay flat in storage kept up front with the docking ropes.
I bought two collapsible oars and keep them stored in the changing room in case I can't use the engine. I used liquid nails to secure oar holders on the interior of the console. They're out of the way.
If you're gonna beach it or go into shallow water I use an anchor pole and have a spare anchor on board for the stern.
Porta-potty? You bet. For the girls, they use it. Spare tissue paper/wipes.
You're probably gonna cut yourself so have a good First Aid box in there too WITH a fire extinguisher.
Bringing drinks? I use cup holders with suction cups placed here and there.

The leaks you're gonna find can be fixed and you'll find plenty of posts from myself and others e.g. storage locker drain, clean out locker, etc.

You can do an oil change after the first ten hours easily as well as greasing the carrier bearing https://jetboaters.net/threads/2016-ar-sx-240-50hr-service.12226/

There's plenty to do...like getting it out there on the water and enjoying every minute!