• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My new boat is in! Moomba Max

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tough break, now you have a boat that hasn't been broken in like your old one, all the new things you have to figure out as well... here's hoping you can fight through the sore faces from smiling so much.

I'll keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers 😜

Meetball

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I know you are taking delivery today and youve already had lunch, awaiting more photos

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well maiden voyage was quite the experience!! Weather was crap today so we had a very small window to do the maiden voyage. I learned to dock this behemoth in a cross wind and talk about butt puckering!!! Then once we got out into the channel we were greeted to stiff headwind with 2-3' chop with white caps! We pounded through some of it before both of us saying this is nuts and let’s smooth the ride by adding bow ballast. Filled the front/center bag full and combined with the center wake plate we sliced through some nasty swells no problem. Night and day difference doing that and a good test to see how the boat would handle the rough chop. So glad I got a y’all freeboard boat because the intervals of the swells was steep and close and in a lower boat would have been taking water over the bow. The Max handled it no problem and never had water come over. It was nuts really because no way I would have done that water in my Yamaha or it certainly would have been self bailing from all the water that would have come over.

We got to play a little around with ballast and surfing speeds. Nothing for too long as you’re not supposed to load the boat up with a ton of weight during the break in and we only used it for a few mins to make sure the connections were good on the bags and that the surf tabs and AutoWake functioned correctly.

After that we headed back in because my phone weather app was blowing up telling us a significant front was about to hit us. We made it back to the marina just in time before the bottom feel out.

Because the weather was crap and I was too preoccupied with trying to absorb all the do’s dont’s and features I just couldn’t be bothered with trying to film too. I did get about 30 minutes worth of footage and some surf footage I’ll be compiling in a video real soon.

Dropped it off at my parents house where it will stay. We aren’t sure if we will just extend the metal cover out into the driveway to house the 5th wheel camper and boat in-line or if I want to buy a separate metal carport for my boat and place it beside their camper carport. We will figure it out soon but just glad the boat is finally home and I’m completely soaked from being in the rain lol.

For now here’s some pics of maiden voyage day!

E3907F9B-803D-40A6-8DB7-2C68B6A943E0.jpeg26A9974E-008A-4B49-9203-2F9E4C63BC86.jpeg3038387E-85E4-403F-A762-E1F7517E6F6B.jpeg8C1ECA81-4907-4BE8-AF37-6AC29FDE7E55.jpegAA272DB3-F083-4A6C-A165-5CCA3AB574EE.jpegF15648A2-E582-4AFF-A03C-9B8FCA745245.jpeg11AF1250-3A50-4939-98A1-380991C0B4E0.jpeg

Last edited:

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Those are the most flattering pictures of that beast so far. The one's in the sunshine, that is.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We didn't get much sunshine unfortunately but the few times it did try to peek out I made sure to grab a pic :D. You can see the stiff crosswind pushing the bow out.

Sequence 01.Still001.jpgSequence 01.Still002.jpgSequence 01.Still003.jpg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The boat is so big and DEEP that it makes the wave look short and small but trust me it is big and a long ways back and 1/4 of the wave you can't even see because of the freeboard. This is just with two grown men and stock ballast using manual settings. Can't wait to get some time on this thing and I think that will be half the fun this summer just dialing the wave in.

Sequence 01.Still004.jpgSequence 01.Still005.jpg

In this pic we were heading back into the wind testing out AutoWake. With just us two in the boat the system didn't want to dump ballast but it did detect it wanted more bow weight, so Greg moved to the observers seat to make it happy. Pretty cool tech as it will hold the boat in a set pitch and roll. Really will shine once I have more people on the boat to get more "Amplitude" per the AutoWake system.

Sequence 01.Still006.jpg

Sequence 01.Still007.jpg

In this pic if you look close you can see the line running alone the two boat graphics is green and the numbers for pitch set and roll set are also green. This means that AutoWake has achieved it's desired pitch and roll based off your settings you give it. If the boat has not achieved those set values the lines in the boat graphic and numbers above them will be orange instead of green. Pretty cool!!

Sequence 01.Still008.jpg

After he moved AutoWake was happy. However the weather and wind just wasn't going to cooperate. Just look at the spray off the AutoWake wave as the wind would catch it!!

Sequence 01.Still010.jpg

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Oh and here's a hilarious still taken from video. Rollers for daysssssss back there o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O :D. Hell some of them are curling way over and probably 2-3 ft tall lol. I can see how this thing might attract a bunch of PWC idiots.

Sequence 01.Still011.jpg

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Oh and here's a hilarious still taken from video. Rollers for daysssssss back there o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O :D. Hell some of them are curling way over and probably 2-3 ft tall lol. I can see how this thing might attract a bunch of PWC idiots.

View attachment 93903
PWC idiots?!?

(I’d be launching my boat)

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
She's real nice looking, congrats on finally getting it home!

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I thought you didn't like Lay? ;) Beautiful boat.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I thought you didn't like Lay? ;) Beautiful boat.
:D:D:D It would probably be better if I knew the lake and where it's safe to ride. I stayed in the channel today. We may go there a few times this season since it's so close to the house (~20 mins) compared to Mitchell being 45-50 mins + interstate driving (bleh). I will say that Paradise Point has THE BEST shrimp tacos!!! I’ve never eaten there and my salesman bought me lunch while we signed the papers. His brother in law owns it. Thanks man maybe we will see you out there one day or if you ever come down to Mitchell.

470ADB98-5487-4EF9-ACA6-51D7C5D8C886.jpeg

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes. Paradise point is great with the new restaurant. Our place is about 5 minutes up river from there. Let me know when you're going to be there this summer. I'm happy to share what I know about the lake, and I'd love to see the boat.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sweet! So how did your truck pull it? I can’t remember which engine you said you have.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sweet! So how did your truck pull it? I can’t remember which engine you said you have.
It pulled it fine. I mean I definitely knew it was back there compared to the AR192 but it wasn't bad at all, even with my bad o2 sensor that's I've been putting off replacing for too long lol. I'll be getting that replaced soon though. The roads I used to get back home have steep, long hills and the truck did just fine despite being in one hell of a rain storm the whole way. I have the ole 5.4L with 196k miles.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It pulled it fine. I mean I definitely knew it was back there compared to the AR192 but it wasn't bad at all, even with my bad o2 sensor that's I've been putting off replacing for too long lol. I'll be getting that replaced soon though. The roads I used to get back home have steep, long hills and the truck did just fine despite being in one hell of a rain storm the whole way. I have the ole 5.4L with 196k miles.
That’s good to hear. I figured you wouldn’t have any issues. Pushing 200k, wow! Sounds like she’s been a great truck.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thanks man! I may have seen things but I can’t say anything :D. I think people will like 2020 ;)
An optional Max tower that will fit in a 8’ door would be on my list. I must admit the bimini top on these boats look really small.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
An optional Max tower that will fit in a 8’ door would be on my list. I must admit the bimini top on these boats look really small.
It does look small from pics but honestly it's not as small feeling in reality, I do wish it went back a little further to give someone sitting way in the back some shade but is what it is.