• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My new to me FSH 210

JPINOT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
First time boater here! Finally pulled the trigger on a FSH after months of searching. Now I look for your advise on mods etc! Been reading through this forum and found a lot of useful info, thanks to everyone for their posts.
First thing I know I want to replace is the factory roller. What size do I need? Any thoughts on this or other helpful mods?

Attachments

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congrats on the purchase and the best color FSH in my opinion!

I purchased the same boat last fall (only found one in black) and have had very little issues or complaints. I replaced the factory roller with the: 25001-K 3.5 inch Stoltz Bow Roller with Bells for Yamaha Jet Boat- Shoreland'r Trailers and it "fits" good enough.

I also picked up a set of trim tabs last fall via the group buy and will be getting them installed in a few weeks. Other than that, the usual porta potty, on board charger, thrust vectors, grill, Yamaha Center Console Cover ( by the way is installed via snaps, which I did not know and would prob not have purchased if I knew this prior), anchor pole, upgraded speakers and the list goes on and on...

I easily sank an additional 6k in accessories this winter. I need it to get nice out so that I don't have time to shop online!

Where did you pick up your boat and how many hours does it have for a 2020?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congratulations on your new boat! The 2020 210 FSH Sport is also my first boat.

What will you be using this boat for primarily?

You said “new to you”.... how many hours are on your boat? It looks brand new! Have you taken it out for its maiden voyage yet?

The only things I’ve done to mine are for it’s primary purpose of fishing. I’ve got 42 hrs on the engines, and several hundred hours on board over last summer.

-Humminbird Solix 10 fish finder, side imaging/down imaging/chart plotter.
-Riptide Ulterra Trolling (36 volt 112# thrust motor) with I pilot.
-Two MinnKota on board battery chargers, one for the trolling motor three battery batteries, the other for the start and house batteries.
-Vantage ceramic coating.
-Yamaha mooring cover.
-Portapotty
-Two Cannon Unitroll down riggers
-T top Tbag to hold life jackets

Future items.
-High altitude impellers
-Jet Boat Pilot bow casting deck / sun pad / table
-VHF radio
-Spreader lights

I have a more minimalist view of adding items to my boat, keeping it simple and adding those items where I find a need for them.

JPINOT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you, I am super excited! Found it in Louisiana with about 33hrs. Private buyer but we did an in/out through his original dealer. Saved me many headaches transferring the title.

JPINOT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congratulations on your new boat! The 2020 210 FSH Sport is also my first boat.

What will you be using this boat for primarily?

You said “new to you”.... how many hours are on your boat? It looks brand new! Have you taken it out for its maiden voyage yet?

The only things I’ve done to mine are for it’s primary purpose of fishing. I’ve got 42 hrs on the engines, and several hundred hours on board over last summer.

-Humminbird Solix 10 fish finder, side imaging/down imaging/chart plotter.
-Riptide Ulterra Trolling (36 volt 112# thrust motor) with I pilot.
-Two MinnKota on board battery chargers, one for the trolling motor three battery batteries, the other for the start and house batteries.
-Vantage ceramic coating.
-Yamaha mooring cover.
-Portapotty
-Two Cannon Unitroll down riggers
-T top Tbag to hold life jackets

Future items.
-High altitude impellers
-Jet Boat Pilot bow casting deck / sun pad / table
-VHF radio
-Spreader lights

I have a more minimalist view of adding items to my boat, keeping it simple and adding those items where I find a need for them.
I will be using it to do some fishing around the lakes here in Texas and some watersports as well, tubing mostly. I am currently looking for a trolling motor but they are on national backorder 😒. How do you like the ceramic coating?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I will be using it to do some fishing around the lakes here in Texas and some watersports as well, tubing mostly. I am currently looking for a trolling motor but they are on national backorder 😒. How do you like the ceramic coating?
I think the ceramic coating was a good investment, and I like it. There is a five year warranty as well.

I also bought a couple of tube type towables, and will probably get a wake booster kit from Yamaha and try out the wake boarding and surfing thing as well.

Sorry to hear that your search has turned up a National back order on the troller... have you cast a wide net in your search for it?

JPINOT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you have someone apply the ceramic coat or DIY

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you have someone apply the ceramic coat or DIY
The coating was applied by the dealer who is a certified installer for Vantage. As a side note, I have contacted Vantage customer service with some questions and they were very helpful and generous.

The cost was $1500 for the coating.

Jet Boat Okie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat! Feel free to message if you have specific questions.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you, I am super excited! Found it in Louisiana with about 33hrs. Private buyer but we did an in/out through his original dealer. Saved me many headaches transferring the title.
How goes the new boat?

JPINOT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Great! Other than it burning through some $$ so many upgrades and accessories 😅. Working on getting a trolling motor. Working on swapping out speakers and head unit along with RGB’s pics to follow once it’s done

Uman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Sound system you say....
This guy has some good videos on speaker & amp installation on the FSH210.
TheFSHdude
I installed the same setup on my boat; Skars Audio speakers & amp and Kicker head unit.
The sound system has a solid bass boom-boom and it's really loud and clear.
-Uman

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Great! Other than it burning through some $$ so many upgrades and accessories 😅. Working on getting a trolling motor. Working on swapping out speakers and head unit along with RGB’s pics to follow once it’s done

Awesome! Glad to hear you are having fun spending some cash on the new toy…it’s the 80’s…. Everything was a tad weird then, at least from what I can remember.