• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

My pre 2015 season upgrades

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Starting earlier than normal this year and am happy about it. By cost:

1. ??? t's a surprise as I'm seeing if anyone can guess on another string.
2. Custom pitched Solas impellers from Impros in Colton, CA (just ordered yesterday).
3. R&D reusable and cleanable air filters (ordered today).
4. Riva intake manifold upgrade sleeves (ordered today).
5. Pyle 6 channel 1500w amp (last year's purchased still not installed).
6. Dual USB charger (just need to install).

Pending purchases:
A. More sound absorbing foam
B. Magma Level Lock (with offsetting mechanism)
C. 2 or 3 wired remotes and a hub (if they exist)
D. 2 JBN spare tire covers (for boat and Pwc trailers)
E. ??? I just can't think of anything else right now

I will be excited to hear how you like the Solas impellers. I keep thinking about buying a pair.

What color spare tire covers would you like? I need to order some more.

Regarding the air filters....did you get the stock set dirty? When I was curious about air intake performance mods....I just took my stock filters out and tried running without them....registered no difference. I'll be curious to see if you record any improvements.

One of my filters has some oil on it but nothing major. I just wanted to improve on the stock filters by replacing them with cleanable/reusable versions.

The new filters and manifold parts just came in and my impellers ar supposed to ship tomorrow.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

:-) I did this same thing this year. Same parts as well. That reminds me... I have 2 (pretty much new) stock air filters still in my truck that I need to either throw away or give to someone that needs them.

@sysinu although mine look in decent condition, they have not been changed in 4 seasons. What do you want for them. Unfortunately I live to far away to come digging through your trash on trash day to grab them!

Sorry for the Hyjack @Ronnie :-).

@GiddYupJoe PM me where you want me to mail them, and it's just shipping costs. Glad someone could get some use out of them more than anything else.

No problem Sysinu. I will be putting up mine for donation once I install the new aftermarket filters.

On a related note, I'm not sure how one of my stock filters got oil on it in the first place since the lubrication system is different on the 1.8 liter engines and the air filters are a lot farther from the engine.

Baby's new set of shoes (aka impellers) were delivered today. Surprisingly they are both Solas 13/19 models so called David at Impros who assured me that is correct. They have been repitched to optimize them for boating at sea level and to keep them close to synch throughout the rpm range. I can't see any difference but I'm not using a micrometer or other measuring device. David claims that they have had good results with similar setups in the past. I've dealt with them successfully before so I will take him at his word but I can't wait to get them wet which probably won't be for a few months, I hate the off season.

Anyway, in addition to being repitched each impeller was marked port or starboard and came with a tool to tighten It down on its shaft and a cone to cover and smooth out the transition between the impeller and shaft (where the tool was located while being used). I also got the shaft impeller tool. The total cost was a little over $800.

Here is a pic of the new impellers and the other items that came with them.
I believe these round out the performance parts available for my boat with the exception of new CDIs/ECMs that @satovod installed on his 242 but at a few thousand each they won't be on any of my upgrade lists.
image.jpg

Back