• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My Tidewater Mod Progress

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
very nice!! I look forward to hearing how this boat handling offshore for you as compared to your Yamaha.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That black on the console looks awesome really made a big difference.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There's alway eBay to recoup some of your money if need be.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Are you dead set on graphics? I think I really like the clean look it has now.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've always liked the traditional spot to hang the boats name, even on an outboard. Looks like you have a large canvas to paint your pic and name on the stern.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Your boat is coming along nicely! If I lived on the coast I'd love to have a center console setup like you have it.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ugh, I wanted to go fishing this weekend so bad!!!...gotta wait 1 more week

Man, this thing is ridiculous! How much does something like that (scan/ducer) cost approx?
Do you know if it works well in very shallow water.

--

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Right, I knew about those frequencies, but the clip you posted is just insane! I hope you will be posting on your 1st hand experience, if it really does what they show - it would be worth every penny.

--

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With all these mods, maybe you should name the boat "Get'n Spent"

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That sucks, nothing worse than feeling like that way when it comes to spending money...But, i am sure once you have it, it will all be worth it (even if it is a couple weeks late)

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know you want the boat but I would let them finish at their pace and not rush them. You will have to deal with their rushed mistakes down the road. Set a reasonable time frame with them after you go see what they have done thus far.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree. But all of the set and missed timeframes were made by them so far. I haven't haggled about the dates or timeframes yet. I just went with whatever they said...but since they have been setting their own dates and timelines...and not meeting them, I am starting to lose my patience...and I really should not have to track and continue to ask if agreed upon items have been completed. Maybe because I'm a project manager I naturally do those things, but when I have to check if your doing your job and I find out your not...oh brother does that make my head explode!
Most of my job is managing outside vendors and it doesnt matter what trade or how good they are; they all need a babysitter.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@ClemsonTiger how is the Tidewater doing? Have you had much use on it? How is the build quality and fit and finish? You mind sharing your opinion overall? You have the 300 also correct? Thanks for any insight. The 230lxf has my attention a nice layout and looks. Maybe the 220lxf. We will look at the boat show next month well November in Ft. Lauderdale.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you for that offer about heading out we may just do so or me. She (wife) just wants something to be more fit for ocean rough water use. She loves the jet boat and feels comfortable offshore but would like something to widen our crossing window to the Bahamas or going out and being beat up. It's mixed emotions. I know the jetboat could be okay with trim tabs but it will never be a heavier boat with more deadrise and weight that would let us use it more down here year round as you know how our winters get.