• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My wife's birthday dinner

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Claire is a Christmas baby so it is unrealistic to make her a special dinner on Christmas day. So tonight I made the birthday dinner for her. It was a porterhouse that I SV for an hour and half at 130. I seared it before and after I SV the steak. I topped it with marinated shiitake mushrooms and thinly sliced parmesan cheese. I served it with sautés spinach with garlic, onions and fresh dill and air fried steak fries. It was accompanied with a glass of Carbernet Sauvignon. Of course Claire got the filet portion of the Porterhouse. the last photo is just to show what it looked like when

Attachments

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks awesome, and happy birthday to her! 🎂

After getting a sous vide machine it's really hard cooking meat any other way. You just can't beat that cross section after it's cooked! Here's a rib-eye I did with it (post sear):
IMG951645.jpg

What are you using for searing? I usually use a super hot grill, but was tempted at getting a torch (like the 'Searzall')...

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@RightStuff What are you using for searing? I usually use a super hot grill, but was tempted at getting a torch (like the 'Searzall')...

I use the Cusinart cast iron fry pan. Last night I put oliver oil brought the temp up to around 450 to sear. I have not been using my MAK pellet grill or my torch as I don't think they are efficient. with the pan I can add garlic cloves butter etc and brush or spoon on top when searing. I also now vacuum seal my meat before SV.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've found a really good thing to use for searing is one of those George Foreman grills. It'll do both sides at once, so you're not letting it cool as much while you flip for the other side. A panini grill works too, if you happen to have one, and like John, I've found a cast iron pan is another really good way to sear your stuff.