• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Navionics Help Needed

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I recently purchased a Navionics chip for my Lowrance Hook 4. It works great and I like the extra info and added detail for sure.

I have created routes using the dock to dock auto routing on their website, but I thought for sure you could save the routes and transfer them to the chartplotter. I cant seem to figure out how to do this.
Any help or advice for this and /or Navionics tips and tricks are much appreciated.

ggreen

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have the Navionics app on my iPhone. I have too been learning how explore all the features and recently discovered a lot of how to videos on You Tube. You'll see everything from webinars to short tips and tricks. You may find a video on what your trying to do.

So far my favorite feature is emailing to my guests, friends, etc our trip with the route, map, stats, and pictures taken at various locations.

Hope this helps!

islandstyle57

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
ggreen, I see you are another Florida boater. Do you use this app on your iPhone as a backup for your GPS/Chart plotter or as your primary source of navigation?

ggreen

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@islandstyle57 I was born and raised down here so I a little familiar with the area however I like some type of navigation with the shallows and when I take a cruise at night. I see a lot of options on mounting a GPS by the members here but I'm trying to avoid drilling holes (ha ha) on this new boat so I'm using the app on an 7 plus. It's primary for now but that may change as the screen is still small. I have a steel ball/magnet type phone mount (nochoice) stuck with 3M above the throttles and I have it angled toward me. I have a few waterproof charts too.

Btw I went to this app because a friend who was back exploring the islands in the Everglades NP had his Simrad fail and he downloaded the app in the back country and it got him back to the channel. Not sure why it wouldn't pick up his location with satellites and all. Maybe it just couldn't lock in.

Greg

islandstyle57

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Greg,
Thanks for the reply. I too am not in favor of drilling holes in my hull to mount a transducer. I have read where others have glued the transducers to the bottom of the hull internally, but I am not sure how well that works. I have been looking at inexpensive GPS/Fish finder combos, and Garmin has one that should fit my needs and I can use the Navionics as a back up. We like to boat in South Florida, and I just need something that will get me to and from dive/snorkel sites without getting lost.
Greg