• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need a Bow filler

LakeTravisBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Along with no depth gauge apparently the bow filler cushion is not standard. Any ideas on how to get one or is dealer only way?

Last edited:

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Haven't heard of them yet but I know Yamaha wants around 400 for the darn thing when I asked a local dealer in Maryland. If you are decent with a sewing machine, you could definitely make one with white vinyl, plywood/starboard and a cushion. I am not crafty with the sewing machine however. I believe it is standard on the AR models if i'm not mistaken.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you can leave without perfect perfection, with plywood, foam, vinyl and a upholstery stapler you can make your own. You can probably buy it all for less than $100 and take your best shot. I suspect you will be quite pleased. I reupholstered several cushions this way on my old boat (No sewing, just vinyl and stapling and stretching, and It was surprising how well it came out.

I'm in Houston and I have the saw and the stapler if you ever want to try.

Last edited:

Probably Spam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ordered both filler cushions for my ‘19 AR190 from the dealer when I bought the boat back in March and they were told by Yamaha that the cushions were backordered until May 22nd. Hoping for a phone call next week but not really getting my hopes up. Was told by the parts guy that Yamaha is historically bad at stocking anything upholstery-related.

r3volol

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ordered both filler cushions for my ‘19 AR190 from the dealer when I bought the boat back in March and they were told by Yamaha that the cushions were backordered until May 22nd. Hoping for a phone call next week but not really getting my hopes up. Was told by the parts guy that Yamaha is historically bad at stocking anything upholstery-related.
How much were they, if you don’t mind my asking.

Probably Spam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If I remember correctly, about $450 and change for both.

Ridiculously too expensive in my opinion, but my girlfriend apparently couldn’t live without them.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If I remember correctly, about $450 and change for both.

Ridiculously too expensive in my opinion, but my girlfriend apparently couldn’t live without them.
Did you have any luck taking delivery? If so, were you happy with the product?

LakeTravisBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Never did it, just going to buy one from Yamaha, the way it has to lock into the side seats my shop couldn’t do it.

Fordman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Shop at yamahasportsplaza.com. it's cheaper there and get in a couple days. When I got mine for my 18 ar190, I just ordered it for a ar195. It was like $250 and firs perfectly.

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Never did it, just going to buy one from Yamaha, the way it has to lock into the side seats my shop couldn’t do it.
What year boat are you looking for? I have a 2014 ar192 and have an extra now filler cushion. It's a little dirty but it's free if you want it.

Dieter21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Shop at yamahasportsplaza.com. it's cheaper there and get in a couple days. When I got mine for my 18 ar190, I just ordered it for a ar195. It was like $250 and firs perfectly.
Does anyone know if the bows are still the same design for a 2020 compared to the 2018? I took your advice and was looking at the bow fillers for the 195 and it looks like for the '19&'20 they are a 2 piece design coming out to over $500 even on that sports plaza website. If the '18 solid piece would fit, i would much prefer the one solid piece (as i dont think the crease would be very comfortable when laying on it) plus its a half the price. Thanks

Fordman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't believe they are, as the 19 and newer are slightly wider

Dieter21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't believe they are, as the 19 and newer are slightly wider
Thanks for the reply.. Im really curious now as if you look at this listing for a 2018 AR190, this dealer has the 2 piece design in them.. So my hunch is that they took what they now have from 2019's to sell, and put it in this 2018 and it looks like it fits, making me think the solid 1 piece might fit.. What do you think about that logic? (the picture i'm referring to is the 3rd picture in the slide) Link to 2018 AR190 for sale via BoatTrader

Fordman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That listing is wrong. That boat is a 2019. You can tell from the dash and the L shaped seating versus the J shape that the 2018's have.

Dieter21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That listing is wrong. That boat is a 2019. You can tell from the dash and the L shaped seating versus the J shape that the 2018's have.
Ah damn. was getting my hopes up for a second. Don't know if $520 plus tax and shipping is worth it then.

Fordman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Everyone is different, I can tell you that my wife and 2 of our kids love staying up front with the cushion in place as it's like a little bed.

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Add me to the list of seekers of the 300 or less bower filler for my 2020 ar190. Seems like a good diy guy on here could make some real business on here making us one. Would really like something similar to this with seadek in the middle 8B6E36CF-527C-41C7-BB55-36CBAACCFFB7.jpeg

Last edited: