• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Need a new Battery? Check this out!

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
northstar-300x255.jpg

NorthStar Thin Plate Pure Lead Modular 8D Battery
The “Thin Plate Pure Lead” manufacturing technology allows for superior cranking and reserve capacity, more cold cranking amps, plus four times more charging cycles than flooded lead-acid batteries. NorthStar’s product has the lowest internal resistance in the industry which virtually eliminates self-discharge and prevents the plates from sulfating, the number one cause of battery failure.

Are you sitting down?

$989.99

Yes I was sitting down when I saw the price, however I spit my coffee out. Wow.

OMG!! That's nuts. What about a group buy? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller, Bueller?

:) I could by 10 $100 batteries that would last say an average of 3 years each. That would take about 30 years to pay that off. I think I will stick with what I've got! But thanks for the heads up!!

8D batteries are used in HUGE equipment like CAT diesel's that have to crank over 1200 HP engines... when you have to have that much power its going to cost a pretty penny, but when that piece of equipment cost a half mil, a battery that costs a thousand is nothing, when it goes down and you lose 200,000 a day that grand is nothing... :) its all perspective, isnt it...

8d's are expensive to begin with... but a cool grand?

When you get into the $1K+ class of batteries you start seeing true commercial grade which will allow more cycles or tolerate far deeper cycles (like 80% vs 50% on a consumer grade battery).
For A/H capacity, which should be the priority in boat audio applications, it's hard to beat the cost-effectiveness of a plain ole Interstate SRM-29. Not a high end battery but lots of bang for the buck. Or, a set of Trojan 6 volt golf cart batteries for capacity and the ability to provide many deep cycles.
One nice aspect of a bank comprised of the above is that you can build a large bank with individual batteries of manageable weight.

I actually need an 8D! My whole mansion generator's battery just blew up a couple of weeks ago. It blew acid all over the motor and my boat which sits right next to it. But $1000? I would say $500 is fair but I'll continue to pay around $250.
image.jpg image.jpg

That would make great ballast.

I actually need an 8D! My whole mansion generator's battery just blew up a couple of weeks ago. It blew acid all over the motor and my boat which sits right next to it. But $1000? I would say $500 is fair but I'll continue to pay around $250.
View attachment 5316 View attachment 5317

Just curious as to how much more it would cost to get one that doesn't blow up.

I purchased the grenade at AutoZone for $130. I was in a super hurry because a hurricane was coming. The other batteries that were $250-300 lasted for a few years. The genset has an onboard charger that maintains them fairly well.

Back