• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

need a new t-top canvas.

jaysen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
so after 2 years the canvas to the t-top on my 2016 fsh 190 tore down the middle. to replace it, i was thinking of getting the 2017 t-top canvas with the holes for the fishing rods. does anyone know if it will fit and also flush with the rod holders on the side of the console? i was shocked that it wore out since i take it off during the winter months and store it indoors properly but i kinda expect it from yamaha at this point. curious if anyone else had this issue and what helped it (thinking flex seal coating).

Alan Crawford

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My 2016 top ripped this year too. It was my fault though. I ALWAYS take it down when I trailer it back home, but this time I was in a hurry and thought it would be ok. It was not. It ripped. I also wish I had replaced it with the one with the rod inserts.

Blindduck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m also in the same boat mine ripped about 3” in the back. I was thinking about just getting one made like a standard soft top with the rope and grommets and sunbrella material in grey.

jaysen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m also in the same boat mine ripped about 3” in the back. I was thinking about just getting one made like a standard soft top with the rope and grommets and sunbrella material in grey.
i figure i will just get another but if i can get one with the rod grommets already in place it would be a huge bonus. im just hoping someone knows if the 2017 with rod grommets will fit.

Ralph MIA

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
When I damaged the top on my 190 FSH, I decided to get a real canvas (Sunbrella) replacement. I found G2 Outfitters on another website and they were fantastic. For approximately $230 I got a real canvas top that laces on to the t-top like other center consoles. They had a wide selection of colors and the service was incredible.

Bob will walk you through the procedure to make a template and you can even get the rod grommets installed to your specific dimensions. Looking back at it, maybe I should have done that......

Good luck!

Blindduck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ralph that was my exact plans was to have one custom made with the rod grommets installed. I’m fortunate enough to have a place close enough to me that i can pull the boat and let them take measurements for the top and to align the grommets up correctly. Also i have never seen one with the laces take damage from towing.

j_shoe99

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Perhaps one of these shops will keep the template on file, in case the rest of us need to replace?

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My 2016 canvas top has shredded in several places. It was only towed once, when brand new, for about 40 minutes. Seems like poor quality material.

Anyway, Maybe G2 Outfitters still has your template @Ralph MIA . I may give them a call. Thanks!

Ralph MIA

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well, did it work out? I’m curious.

Corey Joslin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Well, did it work out? I’m curious.
I'm also looking for a solution. I have a 2016 with original top that is torn. Looking for a better replacement than OEM. Would also love to have one with grommets for rods. Appreciate any help you guys can give me!

j_shoe99

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ironically, my new Weblon(?) top is arriving from G2 Outfitters today for 2016 190FSH Sport. It's the lace on, with a white top, and gray underside. Bob had it for sale on facebook for $200, so I jumped on it. He has patterns for the 2016 and new I think. Photo below. I'll add more whenever I get it mounted too.

edit: I don't have any rod grommets installed in the new one. I thought the G2 website, had options for velcro rod openings, maybe not grommets. I'd say call Bob.

My stock top isn't ripped or anything, but I wanted to upgrade for peace of mind. I don't want to worry about ripping it while towing on the highway.

Another guy had a post on FB with his new Stamoid Top from G2, and it looks pretty awesome. I stole his photo on FB, and here it is. He said it was ~$292 after shipping.

stamoid.jpg weblon.jpg

Corey Joslin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Ironically, my new Weblon(?) top is arriving from G2 Outfitters today for 2016 190FSH Sport. It's the lace on, with a white top, and gray underside. Bob had it for sale on facebook for $200, so I jumped on it. He has patterns for the 2016 and new I think. Photo below. I'll add more whenever I get it mounted too.

edit: I don't have any rod grommets installed in the new one. I thought the G2 website, had options for velcro rod openings, maybe not grommets. I'd say call Bob.

My stock top isn't ripped or anything, but I wanted to upgrade for peace of mind. I don't want to worry about ripping it while towing on the highway.

Another guy had a post on FB with his new Stamoid Top from G2, and it looks pretty awesome. I stole his photo on FB, and here it is. He said it was ~$292 after shipping.

View attachment 97169 View attachment 97170
Thanks... I'll take a look at G2. I like the laced look. I trailer mine to several local lakes here in east TN and removing it each time is something I want to avoid if possible. Thanks for the info....

NateKurtz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone gotten the Fsh 210 with a stamoid top? That’s probably the direction I will go if so.

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone gotten the Fsh 210 with a stamoid top? That’s probably the direction I will go if so.
I have whatever came w/ the boat. I have trailered it at highway speeds 6 times (1 hour each direction) with no issues yet. I also trailer w/ the cover on as well. No issues.

Attachments

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im installing a Stamoid Top on my 210FSH this weekend.. Got it from G2 Outfitters..

thefastz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I got a sunbrella from g2 the other week and turned out great
What color is that? Going to order one as soon as the 210 top is ready.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
got mine installed over the weekend.. G2 Outfitters having a group buy right now and has templates for the 210 and 190 FSH

Attachments