• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need a New Wakesurf Board

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I have a big slow board that is super easy to ride, but dives when i try to push and isn't great on my small AR195 wake. I need a fast board that doesn't nose dive. Money is not a concern. Please give me some ideas. Thanks guys and holy shit that winter was long.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
My first choice right now is a slingshot coaster xr. Or maybe start wake boarding instead

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a big slow board that is super easy to ride, but dives when i try to push and isn't great on my small AR195 wake. I need a fast board that doesn't nose dive. Money is not a concern. Please give me some ideas. Thanks guys and holy shit that winter was long.
This is a super fast board:
My St. Louis Boat Show trophy:
2017 Quad Hyperlite Wakesurfer 59"

View attachment 50448View attachment 50450

That thing is amazing, weighs next to nothing.

--

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have a phase 5 trident. Super fast. Made for bigger guys (recommended 190+, up to 260lbs).

Mustangswan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I had a Ronix Koal and enjoyed it but switched to a Liquid Force ‘18 Dart 5’3” last summer and it was Awesome. Super quick a lot of bite to drive off of the bottom. I am 6’2 235. And the blue looked good with my blue 212X 😎. I would recommend it 61D9D296-92FE-4869-A93D-6A0836290B6D.jpeg

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I called doomswell and they are doing to meet me at my home lake. Bring out a bunch of boards and let me try them all on my boat before I buy one. That's crazy to me
I know this is off topic but any thoughts on pursuing the DIY Pipe Booster for your 195? The way the weather is going around here it might be July before the boat makes it to the water. :banghead:

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I called doomswell and they are doing to meet me at my home lake. Bring out a bunch of boards and let me try them all on my boat before I buy one. That's crazy to me
Keep us posted on what board you end up going with.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey @Arcadyus, if you haven't flipped on a board yet I've got some options for you. We're having a memorial day sale at the moment and I can give you the absolute best price in the that Coaster 5'3 or the XR. Use code 'msurf19' when checking out. It's designed not to pearl. Probably the biggest surface area board we got and the best recommendation for a small wake.
Screenshot_20190520-071109_YouTube.jpg

Besides that however, I'm placing an inventory order with O'Brien tomorrow and I can give you a pre-order deal on any of their boards. Just take a look at their catalog and shoot me a DM. I suggest checking out the FX v2... looks like a fun ride and decent size at 59". The Royale is a different style all together but may match the Coaster in terms of size volume and push.
Screenshot_20190520-070533_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20190520-071538_Chrome.jpg
Here's a link to the wakesurfers in O'Brien's catalog

Let me know if you have any questions on them. 🤙

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Hey @Arcadyus, if you haven't flipped on a board yet I've got some options for you. We're having a memorial day sale at the moment and I can give you the absolute best price in the that Coaster 5'3 or the XR. Use code 'msurf19' when checking out. It's designed not to pearl. Probably the biggest surface area board we got and the best recommendation for a small wake.
View attachment 94661

Besides that however, I'm placing an inventory order with O'Brien tomorrow and I can give you a pre-order deal on any of their boards. Just take a look at their catalog and shoot me a DM. I suggest checking out the FX v2... looks like a fun ride and decent size at 59". The Royale is a different style all together but may match the Coaster in terms of size volume and push.
View attachment 94662View attachment 94663
Here's a link to the wakesurfers in O'Brien's catalog

Let me know if you have any questions on them. 🤙
Can you give any insight on the coaster vs the newly designed 2019 nubstep. What I know is they made the bottom flatter, and corners are sharper for speed, they also made it stiffer I believe with more surface area. But I've not ridden either. Only board I've ever is my liquid fish rocket.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can you give any insight on the coaster vs the newly designed 2019 nubstep. What I know is they made the bottom flatter, and corners are sharper for speed, they also made it stiffer I believe with more surface area. But I've not ridden either. Only board I've ever is my liquid fish rocket.
The Liquid Force rocket was my first board. Not as quick as it sounds... lol! Good beginner board though. I did notice that behind my 240 I had to be up on the nose about to the point of pearling to get any speed out of it.

Doomswell makes a fantastic board. More catering to the higher end niche of the market though. I'd like to see about carrying them eventually. The size of the Nubstep is definitely comparable but the decrease volume of the board may actually decrease its buoyancy making it ride deeper in the water as opposed to keeping the rider on the surface. It's sharper edges makes for a more aggressive and responsive ride. However, those two factors may not translate into the push and speed on a smaller wake. Knowing their market I wouldn't say they design boards with a smaller wake in mind. That's not to say it wouldn't work.

The Coaster is a hybrid design between a skim style board and surf style. It's basically an oversized Butterbar with a more surf style inspired nose and rocker. It's designed for lifting the rider on top of the water. It will probably be a more forgiving ride than most but I think the more talented of a rider you become you'll really be able to get a lot out of it.

The Cobra Cat or Cobra Cat XR comes in a 5' size and will have a more aggressive bite on the wake too allowing you to drive down the wake harder. It's another one I'm looking forward to trying.

Unfortunately I've not been able to give the Coasters or Cobra Cats I have in stock a try yet. This spring has been ridiculously cold and wet... I only made it out once for 3 hours a week ago for the first time and the forecast doesn't look decent for at least 2 weeks from now... it's really cramping my style. But every video and every comment I've seen on it has been of successful rides. I can't say I've yet to see it behind a 19 ft Yamaha though.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Bought the nubstep today. Going to demo it on Friday. Then decide if I'll keep the board I bought

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Arcadyus, I'm not sure what happened to your previous post about the board volumes. But I think you are correct about the board volumes. It looks like Doomswell board does actually have a higher volume. I couldn't find the exact specs prior to my previous post, I was judging off the video that I had watched which made it sound thinner than it actually is... so I may eat my words and opinion, it could very well have the speed to stick to a smaller wake. From there, it's a matter of which will best fit your riding style.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bought the nubstep today. Going to demo it on Friday. Then decide if I'll keep the board I bought
I was going to say, many of the companies selling the boards have a good return policy and will take it back if you find it doesn't work for you. Just the cost of return shipping. I'd be willing to do the same.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Watching this as I am still up in the air as to which board I want to buy. I would do the slightshot without question if I wanted more of skim board but I want a floaty hard cutting surf board that works on a smaller wake. The nubstep sounds just like the ticket for me.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So long as it that additional volume translates to additional buoyancy, my bet is it will do great.

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Check out the Ronix Potbelly Cruiser. It's fairly buoyant but has sharp edge and shaped for speed. Comments I found said it was pretty quick, and after using it it's more than fast enough for me (although I'm on a v-drive).

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Check out the Ronix Potbelly Cruiser. It's fairly buoyant but has sharp edge and shaped for speed. Comments I found said it was pretty quick, and after using it it's more than fast enough for me (although I'm on a v-drive).
I was just at a demo day put on by a dealership here in Oregon and they had several product reps on hand. The Ronix guy recommended the Potbelly Cruiser for the Yamaha’s.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I got the 2019 Nubstep but haven't had a chance to ride on it yet. I'm sure it's going to be night and day above the compression molded boards I own like the Liquid Force Fish and Hyoerlite Broadcast. Reviews for it are very favorable for a fast and agile board. I can't wait to give it a rip!