• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Need a recommendation <Bluetooth adapter>

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Can anyone recommend a 3.5mm Bluetooth adaptor that I can plug into the 3.5mm aux jack. Then sync it up with my HTC ONE smartphone. I want to listen to Pandora but get tired of using the 3.5mm wire connected to both the phone and the jack. Then I could be mobile with the phone and use it around the boat and from the beach depending on the area the signal covers/

Hey Glassman what kind of distance can you get with your phone from your boat?

HTC makes one that I use that supposedly automatically connects to HTC phones. I have a Samsung and it works fine. But I do have to connect to it. It has a battery but needs to be charged via USB. I just leave it charging all the time. Wish there was a better hardwired solution I could throw behind the helm.

Part of the reason I got the HTC adapter was it used this aptx codec for better sound. It is very good sounding for bluetooth. I'd say you generally hear compression artifacts from source material before the adapter.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CAYAIL0?pc_redir=1398583860&robot_redir=1

Hey Glassman what kind of distance can you get with your phone from your boat?
I haven't used it in the boat yet, it worked very well at I'd say 25' in my home, but I'll test the distance this afternoon and check back in.

The max range of any Bluetooth device is about 10 meters or a tad over 30 feet. At that range though you're getting plenty of static. A realistic, line of site, range is 18-20 feet. You can experiment with this if you have a Bluetooth earpiece for your cell phone.

If you find a nice bluetooth that happens to have rca plugs, you can simply buy an adapter cable with male RCA to 3.5mm for a few bucks. I did that with my Fusion MS-BT100.

Does the wet sounds device have to be used with a wet sounds head unit?

Does the wet sounds device have to be used with a wet sounds head unit?

Doesnt look like it. Its standard Bluetooth input what 3.5mm Aux output. I like it, but would like to also retain use of the 3.5mm Aux on my dash. Suppose I could just plug this into the dash aux, however would prefer a more finished look. Wonder what would happen if I bridged the two Aux sources to the same input on the HU? Doesnt sound like a good idea but I dont really want to install a switch or something. Maybe a guy can find a decent mountable switch that doesnt look out of place.

How is the sound quality with Bluetooth? I love the idea, but get picky about how clear my music is. I already am not happy using the headphone jack for the input. It is not as clear and full as synching an Ipod. The convenience of the Bluetooth would be great though. I too hate the extra wires hanging around the helm.

How is the sound quality with Bluetooth? I love the idea, but get picky about how clear my music is. I already am not happy using the headphone jack for the input. It is not as clear and full as synching an Ipod. The convenience of the Bluetooth would be great though. I too hate the extra wires hanging around the helm.
I guess it really depends on what type of music you listen to and how loud. The Bluetooth is slightly muddy but not so much that it sounds bad. Try it!

I guess it really depends on what type of music you listen to and how loud. The Bluetooth is slightly muddy but not so much that it sounds bad. Try it!
I think I will. You guys have posted up some fairly inexpensive options, worth a try. Thanks for the info.

Back