• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need axles... MFI trailer, AR 230... Lengths?

Scott Logan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a bent Axle...
However they are both rusty and need to be replaced...

I'm trying to find replacements and I'm told it's and 87" Axle... Is this correct? I can't find any part numbers
I have found 3500# 86.5" axles and 88"...

Any help is appreciated

Thank you in advance

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the same boat and probably trailer. Unfortunately I got it out of winter storage last Thursday and she went straight to the fiberglass shop to have the rotten floor around the table leg receiver fixed. I won't get her back for a couple of weeks. If Saturday is nice I might ride the 45 minutes to the shop on the motorcycle and get you a measurement.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's no part number but I measured my MFI axle for you from outside of square plate to outside of square plate and it was 87 and 7/8".

Pastfast

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I have a mfi trailer and need new axels and hubs there rotting out and don't want any issues,I looked all over and can find any info on a part number or where to buy them

Anyone have part numbers and any suggestions?

Model ymh230-g

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They should be 3000lb (each) UFP marine axles. I don't have a part number but here is a serial data plate (on the bottom of each axle on the starboard side).
IMG_1457.JPG

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did anyone have luck with finding where to get an axle? I need one for a trailer I have too.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There is a place here in Houston and they cut them to size and weld on site. They are so big and heavy that mail order is just too expensive. I think hub to hub they are 94in. Anyone local that has galvanized square axles will make you one.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is a place here in Houston and they cut them to size and weld on site. They are so big and heavy that mail order is just too expensive. I think hub to hub they are 94in. Anyone local that has galvanized square axles will make you one.
OK great, thanks!

Tom H

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just replaced both axels all leafs all shackles everything but the wheels axels come greased hubs axels are round NB IHAVE A 2004 230sx MFI trailer 582$ all delivered . Southwest wheel company Dallas TX phone # 800-866-3336 Tom H Long Island NY good luck

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just replaced both axels all leafs all shackles everything but the wheels axels come greased hubs axels are round NB IHAVE A 2004 230sx MFI trailer 582$ all delivered . Southwest wheel company Dallas TX phone # 800-866-3336 Tom H Long Island NY good luck
What measurements did you give them? I need to give them a call.

Thanks

Tom H

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What measurements did you give them? I need to give them a call.

Thanks
Hey this is Tom give that South West Wheel a call I believe I spoke with Pete Lopez give him the dimensions of your old axle and he will match it out let me know how you make out

Trikstar

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey this is Tom give that South West Wheel a call I believe I spoke with Pete Lopez give him the dimensions of your old axle and he will match it out let me know how you make out
Hey Tom,
I'm on Long Island as well..
My trailer tire snapped off on the thruway this weekend and now I need a new axle, springs and shackles... everything around the trailer wheels is rusted except the actual galvanized trailer itself..
I will try and call this place in Texas you recommended... do you still have your jet boat?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I ended up buying one of these for my pwc trailer. It should work for the boat (MFI) trailer as well but when pacific trailer replaced one of the axles last year, they went with a round one, which are custom made and take about 2 weeks to make and ship.

This one has moveable spring mounts, I ended up ordering it directly from northern tool & supply so I could get it a few days earlier than possible if ordered via amazon.

ABBE35D1-0DFD-4329-9E19-14DEE446361A.png

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Dexter makes almost all of the utility trailer axles no matter the brand of the trailer. Check with them or look on etrailer.com. If you still can’t find it etrailer support is very helpful. I had to replace hubs and bearings on an aluminum pwc trailer and they figured out which one I needed over the phone.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Making a note to reply with the axle length after replacing mine.

It looks to by 94" or 95". 89" definitely is too short. The axle is 88" from brake flange to brake flange.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I measured the axle on the MFI galvanized trailer that came with my 2007 SX230 today.

The axle dealer I am working with wanted measurements between the springs. Those were 75 3/4" outside to outside and 72" inside to inside. I am more confident about the outside to outside measurement.

The hub face to hub face distance is approximately 95".

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Those are literally the ones I bought from etrailer, so 89", haha.

Mine is a galvanized trailer, I believe it's an MFI, but have no way to verify that as all the stickers and stuff are worn off.

I went with larger wheels and tires and would say if you can do a 90 or 91" axle, that'd poke the wheels out a bit more and give a bit more clearance. Everything fit fine with the 89s, but with my wider and larger diameter wheels, I wouldn't mind some more clearance from the frame, no reason not to really.