• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need help reading my YDS xls

Russell

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I ran my YDS this evening on both engines for the first time. The readout is straight forward except for the area where the overheating issues occurred. Is this a time stamp of engine hours at the time of occurrence?
Or is the the total time the engine spent in this overheated state? I have copied a readout for your inspection. Let me know what you all think!

2. Diagnosis Record

Item Occurred Code

Low oil pressure warning 0.1
Overheat warning 40.39

Attachments

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
that is the time at which it occurred, how many hours total do you have on your boat?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
And the 0.1 is the actual pressure reading the triggered the alarm??

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Post your readout so we can see all data. Personally, I would dismiss each of those warnings as flukes when you first started the engines or sucked something up. If the boat is running fine then just go on and enjoy it.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
.1. Was the time it took place
It can store up to 5 codes with the oldest at top and you can delete them with the yds if you want

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah....so that .1 makes me wonder if Yamaha started it up with low oil! You will get an overheat warning if you run into weeds that clog your intake....you might not have noticed it when it happened...

Russell

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies folks. This clears up my understanding of the overheating issue. I bought this boat with 70 hrs. already logged. Now the engines have 137.5 hrs on them currently, so whom ever owned the boat before me had this heating issue. I sure would have loved to have this software before I made my boat purchase, it could have helped in negotiating a lower price. If I could attach xls or a word doc I could share the output, however I cannot find a way to do this on this site. If anyone knows otherwise please share your knowledge. Thanks, Russell

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Russell

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
You can attach both file types to a post...just click the "Upload a file" button....(if you can't, please let me know)
Julian,

This button doesn't show up on my end in the toolbar of commands. :banghead:

Russell

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Now who's the idiot here?! Thanks for that clarification! I've uploaded both excel files to my first post. If you see any anomalies please let me know.
Thanks guys! ~ Russell

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hmmm...I get a warning not to open the file because something not matching. Anyone else see that.

Russell

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I do. It must be the age of excel that was used in the original from software from the CD as it's quite dated. Just say yes to the prompt and the spreadsheet will appear.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I received a warning also that said something to the effect "different format than specified by extension, be sure it's from a trustworthy source" I Just said ok and it showed up