• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need help with remote wire issue

KyleP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I’m wiring in an amp for my boat and noticed on the wiring diagram for the Marine Audio MA200 that there is supposed to be a remote wire (blue) already wired into the harness. However, there is nothing there, is there anything else I can tie into for my remote wire or am I gonna have to get a new harness for this thing? Thanks.

2017 AR195

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What radio do you have? There should be a blue remote wire on the back of the radio wire harness for you to use.

KyleP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s the MA200. I looked at the wiring diagram for the boat and there is supposed to be that blue wire there, but unfortunately it’s not there.

KyleP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In that spot on the harness there is nothing

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea just looked in the owners manual for that radio and it shows the blue remote wire. Do you see an empty socket in the harness plug where the remote wire should have been? You'll need another harness or you could ghetto wire a remote amp switch but you really don't want to do that and rather have it done right. I'd get the right harness. Sucks yours is missing.

KyleP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea there is an empty socket there, I bought it brand new so it must have come like that from the factory

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@KyleP what did you end up doing to solve the problem?

KyleP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I
@KyleP what did you end up doing to solve the problem?
installed a small crimp connector on the remote wire and pushed it onto that post. It has stayed just fine and works well

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I

installed a small crimp connector on the remote wire and pushed it onto that post. It has stayed just fine and works well
What remote did you end up going with and where did you mount it?

Lestergadiane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
So I’m wiring in an amp for my boat and noticed on the wiring diagram for the Marine Audio MA200 that there is supposed to be a remote wire (blue) already wired into the harness. However, there is nothing there, is there anything else I can tie into for my remote wire or am I gonna have to get a new harness for this thing? Thanks.

2017 AR195
i have the same issue, i was about to buy switch for amp but i found the remote connection. the plug where the 12v and ground that plug jas 8 holes in it. so the remote wire connection is in the second hole top right. i did my test. the power will turn on when the radio is on. when radio is off no power on that connection.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I

So it was the harness with only the 2 wires currently in it, a red and black correct. And was the top row second on the right the right connection for the remote wire? Can't get my amp to turn on

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Nevermind took my crimper off and shoved the wire right in and secured it with some electrical tape and amp came on. Thank god for this thread, thanks everyone

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Connect the remote wire from the amp to a wire powered by ignition switch
To any others reading this thread, this is not a good idea as the amp could power up before the radio and you might get loud pop sounds out of the speakers from the radio turning on. The amp needs to turn on 1 second after the radio to prevent the inrush of signal causing loud pops.

Swinglertodd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2018 sx 190 I'm looking to wire a amp but i don't see a remote wire. So best best it adding a remote wire to the harness that only has a red and black cable?

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
If you have the same head unit as mine, I have an '18 195. Just run the remote wire that comes with the amp up into the head unit. The harness with just the red and black wire is the correct one, top row second to the right is the remote input to the radio if you have the MA200 head unit

Swinglertodd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you have the same head unit as mine, I have an '18 195. Just run the remote wire that comes with the amp up into the head unit. The harness with just the red and black wire is the correct one, top row second to the right is the remote input to the radio if you have the MA200 head unit
How do you get the remote wire to stay in that slot? I'm assuming you strip the remote wire and insert the bare wire in the connector in that spot?

Diablo243

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Go on amazon, you can buy the harness pins and crimper tool for like $12 or call marine Audio and ask for the proper plug that matches what the manual shows. If there are RCA ports on this unit then there should be a remote wire on the harness and if its missing someone done screwed up!

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
How do you get the remote wire to stay in that slot? I'm assuming you strip the remote wire and insert the bare wire in the connector in that spot?
I just put the wire directly in the slot and used some electrical tape to hold it in, been like that for a few months has worked perfectly fine