• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Need Opinions: Cracks in gelcoat

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought my boat new in late 2011. About 1 year later i noticed a couple small spider cracks in the gelcoat. They seem to have not changed at all since then, but i am looking for some opinions on them... What can cause this? Is it something i should get fixed right away or wait? Also, this isnt something that would be covered under the warranty would it?

Take a look at my pics: (1st and 2nd pics is the same spot, one close, and the 3rd and forth is opposite side one close and one normal) Overall if i was to measure, both are about 1/2 in or so long

boat spot 1.jpeg boat spot 2-1.jpg boat spot 4.jpeg boat spot 3.jpeg

Attachments

• boat spot 1.jpeg
    boat spot 1.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 2
I'll be honest....I chuckled when I saw the pictures. I was expecting to see much worse. Those are all very repairable. With the exception of the one that has a bit of a gap, I'd not worry about them. You can mix up a bit of gel coat and wipe it into the crevice after making sure the spots in question are very clean and dry. Use acetone to clean them. Make sure no wax is present or it won't bond well.
Let it dry completely and then buff it out. After a few days polish and wax as you normally would.

Back