• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need the cumulative creativity of JB.net

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have this piece of furniture. My grandparents bought it in the early 80's. They handed it to my Aunt around 2005 or so. She handed it to me around 2015.

We thought we had a place for it, and a use for it. Turns out, we do not. So we tried to give it away again. Nobody we know wanted it. Tried to sell it at the yard sale this weekend. Started at $150. Was down to Free-fifty-free in 4hours.

It's a nice piece and I hate to toss it out. It has a bit of sentimental value to it as well.

Sooooooooo......great minds of JB.net.....what do I do with a solid wood cabinet that holds a 27in tube TV? It has a sliding and pivoting base for the TV area. Sliding drawers and organizing shelves underneath (properly sized for VHS tapes!), and a sliding upper shelf. The doors open then slide back into the sides.

Here's a picture......please help me figure out what to do with this thing!
IMG_20190917_155231.jpg

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
“How about a little fire Scarecrow?”
Or donate it to a goodwill or similar charity.
Give it to someone u don’t like as a wedding gift. Then ask every year how it is doing.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have this piece of furniture. My grandparents bought it in the early 80's. They handed it to my Aunt around 2005 or so. She handed it to me around 2015.

We thought we had a place for it, and a use for it. Turns out, we do not. So we tried to give it away again. Nobody we know wanted it. Tried to sell it at the yard sale this weekend. Started at $150. Was down to Free-fifty-free in 4hours.

It's a nice piece and I hate to toss it out. It has a bit of sentimental value to it as well.

Sooooooooo......great minds of JB.net.....what do I do with a solid wood cabinet that holds a 27in tube TV? It has a sliding and pivoting base for the TV area. Sliding drawers and organizing shelves underneath (properly sized for VHS tapes!), and a sliding upper shelf. The doors open then slide back into the sides.

Here's a picture......please help me figure out what to do with this thing!
View attachment 105255
Nice cabinet, get rid of the tv part, put in wine racks then sell it.

but what are those ugly things leaned up next to it.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Cut the top off, flip it over, and make a shelf out of it. That way you keep the most visually interesting part, and some sentimental value, but get rid of the useless part.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Take the top doors off, buy a giant clock to fit in the opening and turn it into a chubby grandfather clock.

For those who have kids, that piece makes an awesome puppet stage. Remove the back and turntable, add some red velvet curtains on a short curtain rod, make some funny sock puppets for a photo and watch it sell.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Make that armoire into something that you can put towels, tableclothes or other items.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What size engine will fit in it?

Looper7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glass it up and you got a good start on a mini jet

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like the wardrobe or the wine cabinet ideas.

I'm not a drinker, but I'm a cabinet maker and here's how I'd go about the wine cabinet idea. (Click/tap on the images to go to the sites where I found them.)
  • Fill in the back panel.
  • Widen the bottom roll-out shelf to use as a server. Maybe sit a tray on it for transport.
    • Screenshot_20190918-234923_Chrome.jpg
  • Add bottle holder/rack to the top shelf
    • Screenshot_20190918-235152_Chrome.jpg
  • Add a under cabinet stemware hanger and under cabinet bottle organizer.
    • Screenshot_20190919-000209_Chrome.jpg
    • Screenshot_20190919-000524_Chrome.jpg
  • Add some hooks to the inside sidewall for hanging cork remover, bottle opener, and other necessities.
  • Maybe some locks on the doors.
    • RL-101-1_H.jpg
  • If you want to modernize it I have heard that chalk paint is awesome stuff for painting old cabinetry.
  • Update door pulls.
I hope you find some good use for it anyway. Googled "repurpose tv cabinet" and it's nice enough to organize the images for these exact projects.Screenshot_20190918-232317_Chrome.jpg

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It’s sad to see wood American made products get dated looking and end up in the land fill but styles change fashions change it drives a huge industry that sadly has moved to other countries. The saying is “you can put lip stick on a pig but it’s still a pig” . Hopefully someone can make it work

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There is fine USA made furniture, but most people dont want to pay $14,000 for a dresser.