• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need thrust vector wake reviews?

Brad Dunn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Need some reviews on 242 thrust vector wake. Have the wake wedge now.

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have them on a ar240 but don't wake surf. Only wake board and tube. Works for that. I have no ballast so no huge wakes. But does get rid of dead area between jet stream kids use to stall out on.

Lrfd212x

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Need some reviews on 242 thrust vector wake. Have the wake wedge now.
[/QUOT
I have the tvw on a 2016 212x, I have not been impressed with the surf wave at all, I have actually been very disappointed, we previously were using the wake wedge and had great results with it, I am going to try a few more adjustments on the thrust vectors and if i don’t see significant improvements I am going to remove them

Scrodee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I installed TVWs recently; we are fairly pleased with the slow-speed steering improvements. I straightened the nozzles per the directions but the surfside wave face was absolutely ruined by the jetwash. I hate the stupid jetwash deflector thing; we use our ladder fairly frequently and taking something on and off the ladder all the time is untenable. After restoring some of the 'surfpointe' nozzle toe/angle the wave is as nice as it was before but certainly not any better.
Although they do help with slow speed steering as advertised, when I consider the PITA to install (epoxy and all that) and the ridiculous price, I would not buy again.

jackson21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have found the work decent on my 2015 212x, still need to fine tune them but used them to replace the gantlin wake wedge, wedge worked better but was a pain to put on and off in the water, these are much easier but harder to do the original instal (epoxy and other things)0B00D06A-6F5A-4206-A549-20CB5FC59163.jpeg