• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need to be towed

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have an AR210
What has to clamped in order for me to get. A sea tow?

I sucked up a rope and need to be towed

Thanks

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I got the rope out. But now that motor only goes up to 2000rpm?
Not sure what’s going on

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m pretty sure I got all the rope out.
I just don’t know why that motor now won’t go over 2k rpm
It threw a 144 code which is low voltage

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not sure man, that sucks. I’ve done it twice! The hose you are talking about is in the lower rear of the engine compartment. It has a Y connection on it. I believe you clamp on the engine side where thereS a small rubber hose.

One suggestion is power everything down. A couple times on my boat I’ve had a random error. Turn it all off and back on and alarm clears. Perhaps there’s a warning or error since you probably stalled out the motor when it sucked up the rope.

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah we threw an anchor and are letting the kids swim. Hopefully the error will clear and allow the motor to run normal.
I appreciate your response

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
sorry we've all done it..i had to cut the rope to pieces utilizing the clean outs. I carry 2 cheap harbour frieght long nose vice grips in my tool bag to clamp off those hoses in case of a tow and a mask..haha. Definetly turn your main power off and give it a little while and try.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you need to be towed or can’t you clamp off the one engine cooling and limp in on the good engine?

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If both motors run you can go up to full power on the good one as long as the trouble motor can idle. No clamps necessary.

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got back. Limped it back to the dock.
I think I have a battery issue as well. Keep getting code 144

Thanks for all the responses.

My phone battery also died.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just got back. Limped it back to the dock.
I think I have a battery issue as well. Keep getting code 144

Thanks for all the responses.

My phone battery also died.
Is something in the stator?
Screenshot_20190727-181947_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Attachments

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is something in the stator?
View attachment 101090

Well I’m not 100% sure. I bought a battery on my way back home. My current battery is original and in its 3rd season.

It was very strange. After I cleared the rope, that motor would crank but not start. Then I got it to start but it was limited to 2k rpms

Then I parked, let the kids swim. when I tried starting, the other other would crank and not start.
When it finally started, that one would one do 2k rpm. But the other motor started and ran fine.

It’s got me baffled

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well I’m not 100% sure. I bought a battery on my way back home. My current battery is original and in its 3rd season.

It was very strange. After I cleared the rope, that motor would crank but not start. Then I got it to start but it was limited to 2k rpms

Then I parked, let the kids swim. when I tried starting, the other other would crank and not start.
When it finally started, that one would one do 2k rpm. But the other motor started and ran fine.

It’s got me baffled
I would disconnect the battery and clear codes. Then I would pull the pump.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
As long as the engine is running you can run the other at any speed. You could also idle both motors and be towed. If the motor is running it is forcing water and exhaust out and no water will go into the motor.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Didn’t someone post about a year ago that as long as you push both throttles forward it doesn’t actually matter if the other engine is on...?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Didn’t someone post about a year ago that as long as you push both throttles forward it doesn’t actually matter if the other engine is on...?
With both throttles forward it is less likely that you will push water into the disabled engine at 5 MPH.

Either both engines need to be running or one needs to be clamped.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

It’s got me baffled
I was curious as to what you figured out?

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1st off. Thanks for everyone responses.

I’m dropping it off at the dealership today as I’m still under YES warranty.

I purchased a new battery Saturday night. Sunday, took it out locally in the bay and it ran great.

Got it home Sunday night and when I went to flush the motors, I immediately got the same 144 code. Also port motor wouldnt start. Once I got port motor to start, it was again limited to 2k rpm’s.

It’s def an electrical system issue and as you mentioned earlier, could be a stator issue.

I also noticed when I cranked the motors last night, I could hear a clicking noise. Almost like the sound a grill igniter makes.

I’m hoping the dealership can find the issue.

This is my 1st issues I’m having. Also both motors have about 88 hours in them.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
1st off. Thanks for everyone responses.

I’m dropping it off at the dealership today as I’m still under YES warranty.

I purchased a new battery Saturday night. Sunday, took it out locally in the bay and it ran great.

Got it home Sunday night and when I went to flush the motors, I immediately got the same 144 code. Also port motor wouldnt start. Once I got port motor to start, it was again limited to 2k rpm’s.

It’s def an electrical system issue and as you mentioned earlier, could be a stator issue.

I also noticed when I cranked the motors last night, I could hear a clicking noise. Almost like the sound a grill igniter makes.

I’m hoping the dealership can find the issue.

This is my 1st issues I’m having. Also both motors have about 88 hours in them.
with the rope being ingested and the electrical issue happening right after. My hope was that you pull the pump and there would be something interfering with the stator.