• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Needs A little help please.

Mike Rock

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I am getting ready to hookup my batteries (As From the Factory) for the summer on my 2012 242 LS and have lost the picture I use to make sure I hook everything up correct/what goes on each battery..

Hoping someone might have a picture of the two batteries, close enough to see the wiring hookup.. or can tell me how the go?

Thanks

Mike

image.jpg This help?

@Mike Rock for future reference so that doesn't happen again, the previous owner of my boat took different colored small zip ties and put them around the terminal posts and the corresponding wire. This way anyone can hook up the batteries without even thinking. Just match up all the colors.

Cory Thanks,, the picture is great .. I really Appreciate,

Joe,,, good idea, I will be doing that..

Hope both of you and yours are having a great day,, Take Care

Thanks Again Guys
mike

That was the picture I took when I pulled my batteries last time.

I just want to point out that the picture Cory posted has the two batteries in flipped or opposing orientation. i.e. they are not oriented the same direction. It may appear that the cables are crossed or connected in series, but in reality this is a straight parallel connection but the batteries are flipped with respect to each other.

Bottom line, always check the markings on the battery.

Ya, I caught that to… Like you said always check you pos & neg posts. Thanks for making sure, it never hurts to double check. Like the saying go “measure twice and cut once’.
Thanks maboat,
Mike

Back