• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2012 Speedster owner. Need advice and suggestions

pasq

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Hello all.

Picked up a 2012 speedster 155 non SC Green version last September. 190 hrs. Its my first jet boat. I need some advice and suggestions. I have searched the internet for most but I noticed a lot of the threads are a little older and the products recommended are no longer available. I was able to take the boat out a few times before winter but it needs some work.

Some of the stuff i need are.

1) Seats are moldy from lack of maintenance. Looking for best non invasive cleaner.
2) Bimini top recommendation. Non tower. Larger the better. Found a company named Komo on Amazon that has decent reviews.
3) Stock speakers are destroyed. Google searches I found suggest speakers that have been discontinued. Just want to replace with decent speakers. Not looking to do amps and subs just some decent sound.
4) Last time I was out on Nov 1st for some reason my low coolant light came on but the coolant wasn't low.
5) Anything else I should check out or do to make the boat better.

Thanks in Advance

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to have you on board, sorry nobody responded to you yet, I'm sorry I don't have any good advice but maybe bumping your thread back to the top of the new posts will give you some more responses,

Where are you boating at?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice Bump, Welcome aboard, Have you tried a Search on this forum for some of your questions? You may find some answers or contacts who have the answers.

Screenshot_20190303-064622_Chrome.jpg
This short thread on a Speedster bimini https://jetboaters.net/threads/replacement-bimini-sunbrella-or-other.1155/page-2#post-242275
Many threads on replacement speakers.
Screenshot_20190303-065900_Chrome.jpg
There is not much on the topic of the coolant light, but folks will chime in as I know there are current/former SeaDoo Speedster owners here.
Screenshot_20190303-070438_Chrome.jpg

I did a search for your bimini and found this on Google as well as Ebay and Amazon...Sea-Doo® 150 Speedster WithOut Tower, 2012, Factory Original (OEM) Canvas & Covers, Bimini-Tops and Boat or PWC Covers from RNR-Marine™

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tilex spray down the seats. Reapply until the spots are gone.