• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2019 190's video with changes

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm not sure how I feel about them taking away the seat space behind the helm seat. I like how it works in the new boat with the table, but seat space is always a premium in a 19ft boat and that is one of the things that originally sold me on the 192. I liked that the 192 had more than just the straight rear bench across the back.

That said, I would buy it just to upgrade to hinged seats. The few extra inches is a definite plus (that's what she said?)

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The most desirable changes to me are the storage door in the helm, hinged seats and redesigned captains chair.
Lower pass through to rear is nice.
I like the table itself but I don't like losing that seat or storage compartment.
Color selection is unimaginative.
The redesigned jet is a major improvement but once I get the lateral thrusters installed that will be moot.

Fortunately I don't feel any remorse over not waiting. I'm happy with the 2018 model.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The most desirable changes to me are the storage door in the helm, hinged seats and redesigned captains chair.
Lower pass through to rear is nice.
I like the table itself but I don't like losing that seat or storage compartment.
Color selection is unimaginative.
The redesigned jet is a major improvement but once I get the lateral thrusters installed that will be moot.

Fortunately I don't feel any remorse over not waiting. I'm happy with the 2018 model.
Agreed 100 % I don't think the trade off of having a table is worth the loss of seating and/or storage. The colors are so bland, we were looking at the 24's and the colors are a big disappointment. Glad you didn't wait you would have missed this season and then regretted waiting..good call!

scubasteve87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Honestly the changes are a good refresh going forward, but I think most will tell you they are not good enough to justify the $2K price increase on the 195's.

Pros:
-Long and wider boat, new hull, likely more efficient (although a little heavier so these may balance out)
-Better jet design including the new reverse gate
-Simplified swim platform, easier access, a little bigger
-Hinged seats, storage under helm (although I have seen easy mods to put a door or modify the front cushion and I'm hardly lacking storage space in my 2018)
-Appears to have gained additional weight capacity
-10 extra gallons of fuel

Cons:
-Lose the extra seating/storage in place of a table that most on a 19' would likely not use
-Bland color schemes
-Connext screen is small and really makes the dash very bland and really not needed on a boat this size. Other manufacturers have integrated touch screens much better at this size boat
-2K in MSRP cost over a 2018

Considering I got my SX195 this year at exactly 30K (before taxes and registration fees in NY), for me to upgrade at this point it would almost be a 5K difference and I'm not really getting 5K worth of upgrades in my opinion. Its a solid redesign, some will love it and hate it, but the price increases across the board should help the used market for boats in the 20-30K range that are slightly used but really no different than what is currently being offered.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anybody see a glove box? I use mine a ton for wallets, phones, and keys to keep safely away from water and other gear that gets thrown around. It would bug me not to have one.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No glove box is a bad choice IMO. As is removing that rear seat and storage space. I use both every single outing.

Also interesting choices on the "sides" of the boat on the interior. New throttle levers, and a "smooth" wall there instead of the wack-a-doo insert they have had for years. I'm sure that adds to interior spaciousness feeling.

I like the new captains chair, the new step through, and the new cleanout part access hatch (only one latch). I like stereo control at the helm, and the addition of a table. I like the under-helm storage, and hinged seats.

Meh on the connext. Does it include GPS speed control? If not, no need for all that complexity in the 19ft'er IMO.

Wonder why the ladder moved to starboard from port?

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Pros and cons in my opinion. The seat elimination is a big con in my opinion and I do not like the new dash. Other than that the changes are solid. Not sure if it would fit in my garage anymore with the size changes though, would be close.

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Anybody see a glove box? I use mine a ton for wallets, phones, and keys to keep safely away from water and other gear that gets thrown around. It would bug me not to have one.
There's a checkmark for glovebox on the web site. And the vertical cushion there appears to have a pull tab on it.

the new cleanout part access hatch (only one latch)
It looks like that wet storage compartment is smaller now though. The current one can store noodles in there.

Wonder why the ladder moved to starboard from port?
I don't know much about wakeboarding but don't people put those swim deck ballast bags on that side typically? If so it would make sense to move the ladder over to the other side.

I'm still curious as to where the "integrated removable cooler" is located. I'm surprised there's no photos of it considering it's a new feature.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There's a checkmark for glovebox on the web site. And the vertical cushion there appears to have a pull tab on it.

It looks like that wet storage compartment is smaller now though. The current one can store noodles in there.

I don't know much about wakeboarding but don't people put those swim deck ballast bags on that side typically? If so it would make sense to move the ladder over to the other side.

I'm still curious as to where the "integrated removable cooler" is located. I'm surprised there's no photos of it considering it's a new feature.

All of that makes sense.

The integrated removable cooler sits on teh floor behind the drivers seat now. Where else would it go since they took that storage away.

I'm not convinced I like the new seating layout for that very reason. We went out Saturday with 6 people and 5 coolers. Got 2 in the starboard rear, like 2 legit 45gal coleman coolers in there. Had a soft sided yet cooler in the port rear. Two more hard coolers in the ski locker (with the noodles and wakeskate). I had (5) coolers on board and didn't need to use the floor space for storage. Of course the bow became a floating bar once at anchor, but that's a totally different set of problems :D

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There is a glove box it's just pull loop. A lot of info and comments the in 2019 thread in the general section.

IMG_9961.JPG

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
These days "integrated cooler" can mean something as simple as soft bag cooler that fits in a storage compartment. Seen it on other boats.

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The integrated removable cooler sits on the floor behind the drivers seat now. Where else would it go since they took that storage away.
I see it in the video now and it was even mentioned. A spot on the floor and a cooler that sits there with a couple of tie down straps is not what I imagined when I read "integrated cooler." So that explains why they didn't highlight it. It sounds better than it looks.
They don't show what they did with the cooler when the dad had his seat turned around to play pinochle with his son.

Last edited:

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Also not really a fan of the colors this year on the AR195. 2017 and 2018 were better IMO.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just watched this 2019 190's changes informative Yamaha video, I see pros and cons on the new design, look forward to everyone's thoughts
Wow. Those new 195 are pretty fantastic.

I love the changes, the back seat removal opens it up - very clever design. It gets a feel of a SeaRay, or something nice, like that.

--

Jetswu87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like the changes. The fuel tank capacity is a nice touch, that's one of my biggest complaints with the 19's, especially the 192/195.

The interior changes I like, not big on the touch screen but the rest of them I think are an improvement for interior space.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So here's some subtle changes I've noticed while really looking over the new 19' boats...

Bow:
New upholstery design looks cool but what I really like was the cup holders are now by the hip of the person sitting in the bow seats. In previous models the cup holder is up by the front of the bow by the occupants ankles. Grab handles are now moved inside the bow for a sleeker look. They should have taken this opportunity to move the front cleats aft about to where the grab handles normally would have been on previous models. I always hate how the front cleats are on the tapering portions of the bow which doesn't protect the boat as well when using a fender. Would move the cleat aft both another foot or so. The longer and flatter bow area by the navigation light should make footing safer. As someone who solo boats and uses the front often getting off/on the trailer or kid jumping off the bow, this is a welcome change! Oh and hinged seats FTW of course lol.
image.png

Cockpit:
The engine hatch is completely redesigned to have cutouts in the corners. It's also asymmetrical now. This is similar to what Scarab does to increase leg room in corners rather than go straight across and have right angles. I noticed the girl almost stepped on the front angle surface of the engine hatch before stepping into the cushion lol.
image.png

Here's a good look at the new cushion and back rests. I was hoping Yamaha would do a removable cushion there to save from stepping on the cushion. Cup holders moved by the center bench cushion. Now sure how I feel about that placement as I can see someone knocking over drinks going and coming from the swim deck.
image.png

Here's the table seating area. Not into this but I do like how open it makes it. I'd just never use the table. You can also spot the additional helm storage. Really jealous of that and the observers new helm angle area lol. They took those ques from the FSH models and adapted it for the new SX and AR 19's so a smart change IMO. Really opens up the cockpit. Yea you lose storage you had in the rear cushion but you gain it under the new helm storage so it's a win in my book.
image.png

Swim deck:
Cup holders moved to the Lower deck on the swim platform and they also have the small white drains so they no longer dump into the bilge like previous models cup holders of the upper deck. Personally I'm a fan of this change. Also just like previous models trim levels, the 190 series only get traction mat on the upper deck while the 195 series get it on both levels of the swim platform. Single latch for cleanout tray is nice as its one less to break than previous years. I like the larger swim platform overall and it's much more like the 21' boats!
image.png
image.png

Trim level differences at a glance:
Here is a good angle to show the trim level differences between the 190 and 195 series. Just like in the past year models, the upper trim level receive a darker sportier theme. SX195 gets a chrome trim around the window edging. AR195 can come with gray or black window edging depending on boat color.
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So here's some subtle changes I've noticed while really looking over the new 19' boats...

Bow:
New upholstery design looks cool but what I really like was the cup holders are now by the hip of the person sitting in the bow seats. In previous models the cup holder is up by the front of the bow by the occupants ankles. Grab handles are now moved inside the bow for a sleeker look.
View attachment 81531

Cockpit:
The engine hatch is completely redesigned to have cutouts in the corners. It's also asymmetrical now. This is similar to what Scarab does to increase leg room in corners rather than go straight across and have right angles. I noticed the girl almost stepped on the front angle surface of the engine hatch before stepping into the cushion lol.
View attachment 81532

Here's a good look at the new cushion and back rests. I was hoping Yamaha would do a removable cushion there to save from stepping on the cushion. Cup holders moved by the center bench cushion. Now sure how I feel about that placement as I can see someone knocking over drinks going and coming from the swim deck.
View attachment 81533

Here's the table seating area. Not into this but I do like how open it makes it. I'd just never use the table.
View attachment 81534

Swim deck:
Cup holders moved to the Lower deck on the swim platform and they also have the small white drains so they no longer dump into the bilge like previous models cup holders of the upper deck. Personally I'm a fan of this change. Also just like previous models trim levels, the 190 series only get traction mat on the upper deck while the 195 series get it on both levels of the swim platform. Single latch for cleanout tray is nice as its one less to break than previous years. I like the larger swim platform overall!
View attachment 81535
View attachment 81536

Trim level differences at a glance:
Here is a good angle to show the trim level differences between the 190 and 195 series. Just like in the past year models, the upper trim level receive a darker sportier theme. SX195 gets a chrome trim around the window edging. AR195 can come with gray or black window edging depending on boat color.
View attachment 81537
View attachment 81538
View attachment 81539
View attachment 81540
Good points. To me those new 19s seem to have a feel of a completely different boat.
The table is silly but the cockpit and overall space is crazy well designed. Good luck finding something similarly spacious in a 19fter.

The one thing I would like to know is the state of soundproofing.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I edited in a few more thoughts and points. Yes I agree I think it's near a completely different boat now that I've soaked it in a bit. I'm for sure going to check one out once they arrive. No plans to buy one of course but I really like the changes they made and glad the 19' boats got a year in the spotlight for a serious refresh. It's more than just upholstery a]or minor. A lot of the details would add up to a nice experience for new owners. I'm curious how the new hull handles else sully after they tout it takes chop smoother than ever before. I'm going to drive it like I stole it :D

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Now sure how I feel about that placement as I can see someone knocking over drinks going and coming from the swim deck.
Or dripping onto them.

Yea you lose storage you had in the rear cushion but you gain it under the new helm storage so it's a win in my book.
I can fit a Super Mabel and a 5-person Hot Dog towable into that seat compartment currently. I'm not sure the helm compartment could do that. Also I wouldn't want to cram in something there right behind the cockpit electrical connections like I crammed those towables down under the seat.

I'm interested to see how the new bow cushion set up works. I haven't yet found a good way to deal with that cushion when I may want it out of the way temporarily.