• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2019 212 Limited S

Dthorpe

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I will be picking up a blue/white Limited S tomorrow and should have it in the water the next day. I opted for the manufacturer's $2,000 discount instead of an extended warranty. Would most folks here buy a warranty past the standard one-year coverage? I have a 2018 Waverunner SVHO, but this is my first jet-boat. Any suggestions for a first time user? I have already purchased a Parkit360 powered dolly to put it in my garage, and the dealer has disconnected the tower cables so I can clear the 8-foot garage height.

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’ve had an extended warranty on 2 jet boats, both of which that I bought used. The YES warranty was a mandatory requirement to me as a used boat buyer. On both boats, I used the Warranty successfully for some parts and service that justified the Y.E.S. Warranty coverage.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought YES extension to 5 years when I bought my 2008 SX-230HO as a leftover in 2009. I had one warranty claim a couple months after I bought it for some swimdeck gelcoat spider cracking (which was covered under the standard warranty). I never had another issue.

I would take the $2000 cash as any warranty issue is likely to surface in the first year. I don't know if there is much new on your 2019, but fewer recent changes = more mature design with plenty of real world ownership hours = reduced risk of significant warranty issues.

Dthorpe

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If your AR is a new 2019 model you should immediately change out the front trailer roller to a Stoltz roller. I have had my boat out twice and already have gouged the gel coat with the original hard plastic roller. Others have had the same experience. Yamaha wlll be covering the repair, as it is a known problem.

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Dthorpe, did you release the tower rentention cables to fit it in your garage? Can't tell if they are still installed or not, but I'm guessing they are not there. IF you removed the cables, what is the tower sitting on? Thanks for any info.

Jeff

Dthorpe

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes I had the dealer remove the cables completely. I still have them if I ever want to extend them. I rest the tower on an upright plastic car ramp, saw that on one of the forums and it works great.

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks for the response. I figured that's what you were doing. The next thread below yours is my thread about extending the cables, if you're interested.

Jeff

Last edited: