• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2019 212x

jsg73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We just signed the paperwork on a new grey 212x! We will take delivery next Friday and take it straight to the lake. After I adjust the lift arms, it will go into it’s new home until we pull it for the winter.

The $3000 rebate and lack of changes for 2020 really made this an easy choice. Let’s hope everything behaves since it is a 90 mile trip back to the dealership.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
CONGRATS! I saw that Yamaha was offering "up to $3K" and was curious what models got the max rebate! I'm considering the SX195 or the SX210. Make sure you post pics of her !

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You're gonna love that boat. Congrats.

jsg73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This is my first non outboard (2 stroke) so this will be a learning experience. I am taking Friday off to take advantage of the smaller crowds to get it launched and to get a handle on maneuvering. Just the lack of smoke and 2 stroke oil should be pretty sweet.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This is my first non outboard (2 stroke) so this will be a learning experience. I am taking Friday off to take advantage of the smaller crowds to get it launched and to get a handle on maneuvering. Just the lack of smoke and 2 stroke oil should be pretty sweet.
Good idea. Take it slow. Remember, no thrust (for the most part) no steering. You need to think further ahead with a jetboat. Use both engines as you get better and it makes a world of difference. I just added Thrust vector wakes on mine and it made a huge difference at slow speed maneuvering.IMG_7937.JPG

MNJets

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I also purchased a new 212X in August and spent the Labor Day weekend on its first & last trip for the season. A lot of learning and unfortunately a “fail” or two. Overall a great boat and we piled 6 kids across the stern seating and 4 adults up front and pulled everybody around the lake. I was impressed the most slaloming behind it. I’m 200 lbs and popped up in 2 seconds and the boat didn’t even flinch on my cuts. I’ll spend next spring figuring out the best surf parameters.