• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2020 Yamaha 195S

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just finished up final negotiations with our Yamaha dealer today to take delivery of an in-stock 2020 195S with the galvanized trailer. Never been in the water and zero hours on the clock. They threw in an option package that included the yamaha cover, fire ext, spare tire/mount, battery and upgraded trailer. Not sure yet if I'll be taking the 1.99% financing offer or the warranty. Special thanks to Hoyt on this forum for help with the model feedback. I always like to get input from current owners. Sold my 22 year old bass boat and shuttlecraft last year while we were in the process of building our new home. Now I'm anxious to get back on the water.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just finished up final negotiations with our Yamaha dealer today to take delivery of an in-stock 2020 195S . Not sure yet if I'll be taking the 1.99% financing offer or the warranty.
We took the cheaper financing...we don't expect we'll need the warranty past the first summer as any issues will be dealt with swiftly. Most things break or show issues in the first few weeks if they're going to fail at all (not including wear items of course) and the first summer we always use our toys more heavily.
:winkingthumbsup"
PS - yes another shout out to @Hoyt for all his input and build thread.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's awesome buddy. Happy for you. I'll speak for everyone, and say we cannot wait to see pics.

Mike P

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Congratulations! We're going on Feb 16 to test drive an AR195 since the dealer doesn't have a 195S. If we like the feel of the boat, we'll be ordering a 195S that day. Nice to hear you have some strong negotiation skills. I didn't think we'd be able to get anything since it's a brand new model but we were certainly going to try.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congratulations! We're going on Feb 16 to test drive an AR195 since the dealer doesn't have a 195S. If we like the feel of the boat, we'll be ordering a 195S that day. Nice to hear you have some strong negotiation skills. I didn't think we'd be able to get anything since it's a brand new model but we were certainly going to try.
Thank you. Were fortunate to have three dealers within easy driving distance. So there is some competition with selling prices. We were approved for the Yamaha low rate 60 month financing promotion. But the dealer is suggesting it may be better to finance with another lender at a higher rate and take the service contract. I asked for a copy of the service contract so I can see what is and is not included. It's been my experience with extended warranties that there are more items excluded than included. Or there is a contract clause that gives the manufacture a way out of paying for repairs. I'll be looking over those alternate financing offers tonight. I'd appreciate input from anyone on this board with regard to the quality of the Yamaha extended warranty contract.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Decided to take the 1.99% 60 month Yamaha financing offer. We will make a decision on the warranty after we see how the boat performs during it's first year.

Mike P

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thank you. Were fortunate to have three dealers within easy driving distance. So there is some competition with selling prices. We were approved for the Yamaha low rate 60 month financing promotion. But the dealer is suggesting it may be better to finance with another lender at a higher rate and take the service contract. I asked for a copy of the service contract so I can see what is and is not included. It's been my experience with extended warranties that there are more items excluded than included. Or there is a contract clause that gives the manufacture a way out of paying for repairs. I'll be looking over those alternate financing offers tonight. I'd appreciate input from anyone on this board with regard to the quality of the Yamaha extended warranty contract.
Thanks for the info! We're meeting with the finance girl one week from tomorrow and then taking their brand new 195S for a spin right after. They just got it in today.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the info! We're meeting with the finance girl one week from tomorrow and then taking their brand new 195S for a spin right after. They just got it in today.
Good luck hope all goes well. Ours is at the dealer at their warehouse in storage. They received it about a week ago. Just got some pictures and it's still all wrapped in factory cover and plastic. Now I just need to schedule a weekend pickup for the delivery. I am curious why the wheel shots look different.

Attachments

Last edited:

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We loved our test drive, but let me warn you.... The boat will be in break in period for first 1.5 hours. Meaning you can't open it up past 5k rpm until 1.5 hours 😭😭😭. That part sucked for us on our test drive. Good time to check out everything else though

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
5K? How fast does it go at that RPM setting?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
5K? How fast does it go at that RPM setting?
About 10-11mph. Perfect wake surfing speed actually, but not cruising. It won't be on plane at that rpm for sure

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
0-0.25 hours is at idle
0.25-1.5 hours is under 5k rpm
1.5-10 hours no limit, but still in break in period
10 hours oil only change, and break in is complete
50 hours oil and filter change along with normal checks

Damn supercharger

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like that's a speed you would rarely use full time for so long. (unless surfing) Maybe like a small necessary chore to reach full enjoyment. Might also be a technique to keep the new boat smell from being blown away by the wind so quickly :)

Enjoy!!!!

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
0-0.25 hours is at idle
0.25-1.5 hours is under 5k rpm
Actually it's 5 minutes and then 90 minutes. Copy/Paste from the owners manual for SVHO engine:

1581121613243.png

From what I've read, the boat will actually stay on plane at 5000 rpm and roughly 22 mph, but you need to hit about 6000 to get out of the water and then dial it back. But you can't hit 6000 until AFTER break-in so the first 95 minutes is a real pain in the butt.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That sounds like a challenge...If you get just the right weight in the front you can probably get it planning. i recently got my SX230 planning on a single engine doing about 16 miles per hour. It took us about 70 seconds to get it there, but I cheated because I have trim tabs, not sure it would have happened without them!

Sounds like a fun experiment.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Actually it's 5 minutes and then 90 minutes. Copy/Paste from the owners manual for SVHO engine:

View attachment 111432

From what I've read, the boat will actually stay on plane at 5000 rpm and roughly 22 mph, but you need to hit about 6000 to get out of the water and then dial it back. But you can't hit 6000 until AFTER break-in so the first 95 minutes is a real pain in the butt.

There ya go. That's the exact times for sure. It is a pain, but it's new so I guess we gotta

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Been putting my list together of planned upgrades mostly based on input from this forum. So far the list includes a Stoltz 4" bow rider, LED trailer lights, boat buckles for transom, Cobra Super Ultimate AK-19, possibly trailer guides and Goodyear Endurance radial tires. Don't plan on any audio upgrades until I see what stock sounds like. Really looking for items that will protect the boat, add performance or handling or reduce maintenance costs down the road.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The stock wetsounds recon 5s speakers running off the stock Fusion had unit do sound good even at full throttle

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There ya go. That's the exact times for sure. It is a pain, but it's new so I guess we gotta
True...have to break in new cars as well. I suppose 95 minutes isn't too bad compared to 600 miles in a car.
😀

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am curious why the wheel shots look different.
There are 2 different boats in those shots - notice the white hull on one? The 195s only comes in suede grey. The rims look different on the 195s...wonder if they changed them...