• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2021 AR190 owner -Hi!

cdmusic68

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello! We put a deposit down on our AR190 a few months ago and I am getting extremely excited for the summer! I’m in WI...so it’s 10 degrees right now...yuck. Never owned a boat before but have spent a lot of time on my brother’s old 70s I/O Forester. When it was time for him to sell the Forester, we decided to be the new boat owners in the family. Nervous, but excited! I want to thank you guys for all the info on this board. I have learned so much lurking here the last 6 months. I’m a 36F btw, and my husband also says thanks for educating me. Lol He’s more “we’ll be fine” while I want to plan for any and all issues. Lol so happy to have the knowledge and support here. So...hi!

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! Have you taken delivery yet? Couldn’t tell with the “new owner” and the “put a deposit down”.

Yes, there is a wealth of knowledge here!

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats!

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
If you have been lurking you should have a list of things to buy... However if you don't have a list consider a few items, a new Stoltz bow roller, Boat Buckles for the transom, add a non slip mat to the walk through by the engine compartment, a Yamaha Deluxe Morning cover, and depending on the amount of trailering you plan to do replace your bias tires with radials. If you want some Wakeboard/Surf racks check out Monster and the rear tube is 1 7/8" however you are going to want to get the 2"as I tried both and 1 7/8's was too small on my AR195. In regards to boards and tubes the options are endless. Oh and make sure you get the shipping cover from the dealer and the tower brackets. Congrats!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
AWESOME!!! :Welcome: :Welcome: :Welcome:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the purchase (even if delivery isn't completed yet)!

We love our '17 AR190. It's a great little boat for getting on the water without much hassle or expense. Cheap to buy, own, transport, store, and operate. Well be starting season 5 with ours this year (bought early '17), and we've really enjoyed the ease of which it's made boating for us.

Be sure to post some pictures when you finally take delivery. We love pictures around here :D Here's a favorite picture of ours. Hard to see down in the corner, but the shot looks neat :D

(Click for bigger shots)
20180922_153352.jpg

20180922_152403.jpg

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Great first boat! :Welcome: to the forum!!! You're all gonna love it. Let us know if you need anything. And, please share pics of the boat and boating. We all love pics. Thx! Enjoy (when the ice melts) :thumbsup:

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum. This place has a wealth of knowledge about Yamaha boats, and a helpful userbase.
This is the hardest part of owning a Yamaha... The waiting game!

Sean R

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Congrats on the purchase (even if delivery isn't completed yet)!

We love our '17 AR190. It's a great little boat for getting on the water without much hassle or expense. Cheap to buy, own, transport, store, and operate. Well be starting season 5 with ours this year (bought early '17), and we've really enjoyed the ease of which it's made boating for us.

Be sure to post some pictures when you finally take delivery. We love pictures around here :D Here's a favorite picture of ours. Hard to see down in the corner, but the shot looks neat :D

(Click for bigger shots)
View attachment 141148

View attachment 141149
Great pic, is that from John Seigenthaler Pedestrian Bridge?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to have you on board!

cdmusic68

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! Have you taken delivery yet? Couldn’t tell with the “new owner” and the “put a deposit down”.

Yes, there is a wealth of knowledge here!
No, we haven’t taken delivery yet. We re waiting until spring. We cleared out the garage in anticipation though.

cdmusic68

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you have been lurking you should have a list of things to buy... However if you don't have a list consider a few items, a new Stoltz bow roller, Boat Buckles for the transom, add a non slip mat to the walk through by the engine compartment, a Yamaha Deluxe Morning cover, and depending on the amount of trailering you plan to do replace your bias tires with radials. If you want some Wakeboard/Surf racks check out Monster and the rear tube is 1 7/8" however you are going to want to get the 2"as I tried both and 1 7/8's was too small on my AR195. In regards to boards and tubes the options are endless. Oh and make sure you get the shipping cover from the dealer and the tower brackets. Congrats!
Thank you! A lot of that is on our list or purchased. And yes, I have way way too long of a list of things we “need” thanks to this group. 😂

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
:Welcome:
Congrats on the purchase...people here will help you...help you spend more money!
:D