• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

New 2022 255XD Incoming!!

Howdy Pilgrim

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hello JetBoaters ?

After enjoying the waters as a kid in my parents 2005 SX230, I am finally at a point in my life where I myself will be the proud owner of a Yamaha Jet Boat!

We have successfully placed a deposit and ordered a New 2022 255XD in Blue/Grey

I wanted to ask for any input on top Mods or recommendations... think of it as a top 10 list of sorts
If you were to recommend any items (whether for boat, trailer, vehicle, recreation, etc) to a new boater... what would they be?

I am a blank canvas, and look forward to painting a masterpiece with this boat and my family for years to come!

This was my first mod of any kind, and it’s been great! It makes the trailer easy to see, and you can tell how to line up perfectly. I rarely even bump them, because you can pick your line form plenty far out. The led lights make it more visible to other drivers when towing down the highway, and when loading the boat back on the trailer at night.
CE Smith Trailer Post Guide-On with LED Lighted Posts https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001RDVFKS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_9K7M1V3W65ZX58WVZHK2?psc=1

I hope your order doesnt go the way of so many others on here that watched them die on the vine! Best of luck to you!

This was my first mod of any kind, and it’s been great! It makes the trailer easy to see, and you can tell how to line up perfectly. I rarely even bump them, because you can pick your line form plenty far out. The led lights make it more visible to other drivers when towing down the highway, and when loading the boat back on the trailer at night.
CE Smith Trailer Post Guide-On with LED Lighted Posts https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001RDVFKS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_9K7M1V3W65ZX58WVZHK2?psc=1

Thanks so much! Do you have them wrapped with anything or do they hold up pretty well if rubbed?

I hope your order doesnt go the way of so many others on here that watched them die on the vine! Best of luck to you!

I hope so as well... I actually used to work at a Yamaha shop for about 8 years in AZ
Unfortunately I am well versed in Yamaha's ordering and shipping procedures essentially amounting to... it will get there when it gets there

I was told Nov-Jan range, but fully expect it to be much much later than that :)

They are not wrapped with anything, and have a few scratches, but have not marked the boat. I don’t have any type of low speed fins, and haven’t found them necessary. Plus the X series boats have different nozzle alignment supposedly.

Back