• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 242x owner from Ontario

MarcoPizzolo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hi Everyone,
Just picked up a new 242x as our first boat after seeing countless Bimini run videos. I have lots to learn and am hoping the boat I picked is the right fit for us.

I have more questions than answers at this point in my boating journey, so I am grateful that there is a forum and community such as this to learn from.

Many thanks to all in advance, and I hope to get to meet (and know over time) some of you .

Warmest Regards
Marco

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome! It is nice to see another Canadian here :) That is a beautiful boat! Where do you do most of your boating? It is nice to see another Canadian here :)

MarcoPizzolo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hi ncnmra,

The boat has been in the water 4 times so far: balsam, simcoe, kashiwigamog and muskoka.

My hope is to do the Trent-Severn this summer, as well as the 1000 islands. I would also like to put in on Erie.

Bimini, Exumas are a target for next year, or sooner if we can get the time and prep in.

Yourself?

Any suggestions on first mods to improve the experience, convenience and/or safety?

Thanks
Marco

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hi Marco,

We usually spend a week on Balsam. This year it was the first week of July, we rented a cottage just south of Coboconk. The Trent Severn lock system is awesome, but my kids get bored on the long stretches sometimes. This year we just went to Fenelon Falls twice, and generally just stay on Balsam for tubing, wakeboarding, etc.

I'm from London, so my boating options are a little more limited. I keep the boat on a "Rack and Launch" program in Sarnia. The conditions there are hit and miss. Lake Huron can get VERY wavy, and the conditions are very hard to predict, even with two webcams out there...ie: two weekends ago, it looked nice and when we got out there, the swells were 3-4 feet. Hard to tell on a webcam if there are no whitecaps.

Your boat is very different from mine, and you have most of the features standard that I had to add (ie; speed control, dual battery, Sea Dek etc), so I don't think I have any recommendations for you.

It would be fun to do an Ontario Yamaha Owners meetup at some point. Do you have kids?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My hope is to do the Trent-Severn this summer, as well as the 1000 islands. I would also like to put in on Erie.
Just took my 242-x to 1000 islands this last week, great time, beautiful place. I've put 17 hours on the boat so far and I still have problems docking. I have to get used to using both throttles independently instead of single level mode.

I can get the bow in position, but moving the stern towards the dock has been a challenge.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello Marco, welcome to the club. Always great to have another Canadian on the site. You've found the best spot for advice. Cheers!

MarcoPizzolo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks Julian, Michael, Chillipilot.

Michael: I'm finding docking and tight, slow speed maneuvering challenging as well. Not easily able to swing the stern without moving backwards at the same time. Congrats on the boat.

Ncnmra: I went to Western a lifetime ago, so know the area a bit. Have 3 boys ranging in age from 5 to 13, and hoping to have them try out tubing and wake boarding in the next month. Currently live in Oakville. I'd definitely be game for a weekend meet somewhere. Is there a local/provincial group already established?

Sorry everyone but I've got to ask...
Has anyone done Miami -> Bimini yet? I think I'm going to aim for Bimini Fling 2018 or a similar organized run, but definitely need to figure a few things out first. Watching the YouTube videos by saltlifeisaac and others have totally convinced me that it's something I NEED to move on.

Hope to meet up with you guys on the water sometime soon

Marco

TiMaH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey Hey Congrats Marco......Another CDN onboard........... WELCOME.....

Im not a religious man perse but you should treat this forum like your bible.......

I have learn so so much from these fine folks - and I can honestly say I am proud to be a small part of this community....

That and My ASS is trying OH so hard to make it to Bimini for '18.....

TiMaH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi Marco,

We usually spend a week on Balsam. This year it was the first week of July, we rented a cottage just south of Coboconk. The Trent Severn lock system is awesome, but my kids get bored on the long stretches sometimes. This year we just went to Fenelon Falls twice, and generally just stay on Balsam for tubing, wakeboarding, etc.

I'm from London, so my boating options are a little more limited. I keep the boat on a "Rack and Launch" program in Sarnia. The conditions there are hit and miss. Lake Huron can get VERY wavy, and the conditions are very hard to predict, even with two webcams out there...ie: two weekends ago, it looked nice and when we got out there, the swells were 3-4 feet. Hard to tell on a webcam if there are no whitecaps.

Your boat is very different from mine, and you have most of the features standard that I had to add (ie; speed control, dual battery, Sea Dek etc), so I don't think I have any recommendations for you.

It would be fun to do an Ontario Yamaha Owners meetup at some point. Do you have kids?

Hey Brother where in London r u from...... parents r masonville mall area......grew up in Dorchester area......just curious

TiMaH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi ncnmra,

The boat has been in the water 4 times so far: balsam, simcoe, kashiwigamog and muskoka.

Bimini, Exumas are a target for next year, or sooner if we can get the time and prep in.

Yourself?

Any suggestions on first mods to improve the experience, convenience and/or safety?

Thanks
Marco

Id HIGHLY suggest some Cobra Fins for seriously improved slow speed handling.....https://cobrajetsteering.com/
Jeff is an WEALTH of information and super friendly....

I installed them on my '16 Sx 190 in about 30 mins...... easy breezy

Cheers 4 now M8ty - must attend to The Misses...

TiMaH

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
+1 to some fins. I have Cobra fins & locks. Zero problems with docking & control. To be honest, I think it is now way easier than my old I/O once you get the concepts. Don't be afraid to "blip" the throttles if need be for quick direction changes. I can rotate the boat within its own lenght.

@TiMaH: I currently live in Oakridge. I keep the boat in Sarnia on their Rack N Launch.

@MarcoPizzolo: I went to UWO for engineering. I have kids now that are 6 & 8. My daughter tried (and succeeded) on the wakeboard last year. Proud pappa!

Frank Cairns

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi ncnmra,

Yourself?

Thanks
Marco

Hi Marco,

New member here. Just purchased a new 2017 242 LS E-series. We get it delivered in the Spring of '18. Gonna be a long winter of waiting. I have the whole Winter to figure out a name for it. LOL
I'm in Bobcaygeon on the Trent-Severn. ( Sturgeon Lake ). Let me know if you're cruising this way next year. Fun times ahead !!

Frank-

George1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome from Florida!

Adrian242

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good stuff guys! Lets do a meet up downtown and we can explore the city scape together for a different look. Downtown harbour has a lot of attractions.

George1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just trying to be
This is the third thread in a row i have read where you say welcome from florida... lol. I even scrolled down to see if it was here.. :D

@MarcoPizzolo .. welcome to the forum!
just trying to be polite