• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 300hp rotax for scarab. Single or twin.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

James McDougall

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I'll ask my rep from RecBoats today....she's in town and bringing me a couple of freebies they owe me.

Scott E

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
As if the fuel gauge doesn't move fast enough, who am I kidding, it's about time. :) The 255 with twin 300's...

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I can confirm the single and twin 300 engines in the MY19 Scarab production. But, details are still in the process of getting released. I will post some updates as I hear.

JMSGA

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder if chaparral will offer these as well? Cant imagine a 600hp 26ft jetboat.

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
WOW! That's an awesom news, thanks for the scoop.
Imagine 600hp in a 21 or 22ft jetboat ... that would be insanely fun.
Lakes will start to be getting smaller at that speed LOL!

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No longer a rumour as I found this official confirmation on Boating Industry dated August 1st:

"BRP Marine Group has announced the release of its largest Rotax jet propulsion engine yet – the Rotax ACE (Advanced Combustion Efficiency) 300. The new engine is now available on Scarab jet boat models and Chaparral Vortex models."

https://boatingindustry.com/news/2018/08/01/brp-marine-group-launches-new-rotax-engine/

Also the same announcement on Power Boat World:

https://www.powerboat-world.com/news/208358/Rotax-announces-new-jet-propulsion-engine

Other sources are also starting to chime in with the same news.
:winkingthumbsup"

255IDTwin300s

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Just picked up my Chap Vortex VRX with twin 300's this weekend. It is a beast. Still breaking in so haven't tested to it's fullest.
Nice!! In the 22 footer.. even better lol. I have twin 300's in the scarab 255.

Some advice.. :) I took my boat out for the first time last week ( was bought from LA and had 1.8 hrs on it from some test rides at a Lafayette boat show and my test ride and another person that test rode it and couldn't get financing) . Break in on the engines is about 3 hours - my engines gave full boost at around 2.8 hours. You will definitely feel it when it happens. The engines all of a sudden just breathe and you feel the power.

So - I'd bring on the boat with you a small socket wrench that has the 1/4 inch socket and an extension ( for tightening the wormdrive type clamps that are on every hose on each engine). A hose blew off my port side blower rendering the engine to not make any boost. For anyone not experienced at this or understanding that it is not a big deal - they could freak out and think that an engine blew up or some catastrophic problem. When I had the clamps checked - there were 4 clamps in other areas that were loose. Now... if one of the small clamps that bring in water to feed the cooling process of the mufflers/exhaust - that could have been a much larger problem.. Once these clamps were tightened down and gone through - the engines run great and the boat flat out flys..

Curious to know if your engines below 5,000 rpms are far apart rpm wise. My two engines - when under 5k ( and yes the twin engines button is pushed on, and the Engine Synch button is on) the engines can sometimes be as much as 800 rpms apart. However- once engines go in boost, they are perfectly aligned and at same rpms.

Boat with 3/4 tank and bimini top up has gone 63mph on my lake - 87 degrees out and right before raining. I'd have to imagine yours at 22 foot has to be 250-300 lbs lighter maybe - should go at least the 63 if not 65 :)

The Cruise control works great, and all is very comfy. about only complaints that anyone can really have with this boat are the usual things -- loud engines compared to an I/O or today's new outboards, and the low speed maneuvering ( looking at the Cobra steering upgraded fins potentially to help with the low speed steering. That is really the main thing in these boats - the low speed handling is sucky even for the best most trained jet boaters. If it's windy - good luck keeping it straight. I'm hoping that the fins will really help that a lot.

Good luck and congrats man!

Scarab 215

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
My Twins are not the same RPMS. They fluctuate between 500 and 800 apart rom one another. Just turned 3 hours.

255IDTwin300s

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
cool. thank you. Was wondering if it is normal. Was told by dealer who talked to Scarab that it is normal.

BuckInNC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
New 255 Open ID, delivered yesterday. At 5.5 mph engines in synch at 2700 rpm. At 20 mph, port is at 5700, starboard at 4400. 1300 rpm difference. At 31 mph port is 6500, starboard 4800, 1700 rpm difference. My guess is no boost on starboard. 1.2 hours. Hope Performance East can get this resolved quickly. Sad day in Topsail Beach, NC.

Buck out

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
New 255 Open ID, delivered yesterday. At 5.5 mph engines in synch at 2700 rpm. At 20 mph, port is at 5700, starboard at 4400. 1300 rpm difference. At 31 mph port is 6500, starboard 4800, 1700 rpm difference. My guess is no boost on starboard. 1.2 hours. Hope Performance East can get this resolved quickly. Sad day in Topsail Beach, NC.

Buck out
Congrats on the new boat! Pictures please.

255IDTwin300s

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length

Buck out
you are still getting boost below 3 hours - its the ignition that is being held back which holds your rpm's down etc - holding your boost down as well. You will notice it big time when the computer gives full power. Also - they smooth out and become more quiet. Seriously though - if you are mechanically inclined - go over all your clamps. There are a good bit of them. You have two of everything so you have two coming in to the intake of the supercharger, 2 going out, 2 into the inlet of intercooler, 2 going out, 2 at end fo air intake tube, etc.. trust me - its better to just make sure they are tight and no they are all good then to have one pop off. :)

Sbeach

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
I had my new 255 open in the water for a total of five hours and noticed a 1500-1700 RPM difference between the port and starboard engine. Called the dealer and he said this was not normal and take it to the shop. Three weeks later they have not even looked at it and told me this morning that they might have an update in a week or so. I'm thinking one of the problems may be I bought the boat from a dealer in FL and I live in VA . Does anyone know if I can contact Scarab directly ?

James McDougall

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I had my new 255 open in the water for a total of five hours and noticed a 1500-1700 RPM difference between the port and starboard engine. Called the dealer and he said this was not normal and take it to the shop. Three weeks later they have not even looked at it and told me this morning that they might have an update in a week or so. I'm thinking one of the problems may be I bought the boat from a dealer in FL and I live in VA . Does anyone know if I can contact Scarab directly ?
That's absolutely ridiculous. THREE WEEKS and they haven't even looked at it? I thank the graces my dealer is amazing. Goodness me!

255IDTwin300s

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
You can take the boat to any Scarab dealer and warranty work can/should/ will be performed. 1500-1700 is pretty high. However I have some suggestions.. Often, when we are upset, we may state only the things that make the case stronger that we are upset and something is not right. For instance - my boat ( under 3 hours it was very noticeable) has had and sometimes still does have ( WHEN DECELERATING OR WHEN AT AROUND 3-4K RPMS ) can be off by as much as 500-800 rpms but if I just move the throttle a little bit further down or up, the engines then seem to sych exactly the same . So what I'm saying - is that I had the same thing happen to my boat - WHILE the service guy was in my boat and we were driving it. It happened on decel, and when at around 2500-4000 rpms. The tech called Scarab and they said that it is normal at part throttle to sometimes have the differences. If your boat at 5000 rpms and higher is way off - than that is an issue.. If you have superchargers - I'll bet that it is not. The chargers kick in right above 5k rpms and the fuel and spark that accompanies that pretty much has to be spot on or you would have a very noticeable scenario. Sometimes the break in period will differ a little but yours seems somewhat extreme. We all have smart phones.. take a video of it.. Try to remember that you have 2 engines- just like any other boat that has 2 engines or more, you will see sometimes some diff rpms.. The computer in decel will sometimes "hang" in the rpm's a little and then settle in, this is somewhat common