• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New AR195 arrival

mrcapi937

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ordered an AR190 and put down my deposit from my local dealer 6 weeks ago and he said it would be in before Memorial Day. He had told me his allotment for boats was cut in half by Yamaha but if I put down a refundable deposit, he would get me one. After reading all the issues with deliveries online I got frantic and email all the dealers in the Midwest. Last week a dealer nearby emailed me he had a AR195 coming next week where the buyer had backed out. He asked me if I wanted it and I jumped all over it.

Got my new boat home and into the garage late Wednesday night. Had to let air out of the tires to get it under my 82’ garage door. Augh… Can’t wait to get it out on the water for a test run tomorrow. Wondering if I should keep letting air out of the tires to put it in the garage or modify the tower cables to come down lower? Hate to modify a new boat but clearly a lot easier than adjust tire air pressures in and out.

Attachments

Last edited:

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum and Congrats on getting a new boat in 2021..its like your a selected winner. I use to go in and out with tire pressure then I was able to use a large drop down hitch that angled it perfectly after numerous tries.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
:Welcome:
The tower cable mod isn't a big deal and no one would know but us boat-nuts. Or like Element said, drop the tongue down and it might be enough. Dropping the air pressure will eventually damage the tire sidewalls and you might get a blowout on the road.

mrcapi937

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for all your input. I am thinking maybe the tower cable mod.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thanks for all your input. I am thinking maybe the tower cable mod.
Yeah no need to keep letting air out of the tires, do the mod and you will wonder why you waited so long to do the mod. I just removed the cables and used a saw horse, finally I moved to another house with an 8’ door and put the cables back on. After putting the boat in and out of the garage a few times I was like wow I really should of just did the mod on 2017 AR195. By the way your going to appreciate the 195 over the 190. I know I did as I previously had a SX190, other then the fuel consumption. Also you now have a bunch of upgrades so you can spend more time on the water and less time doing upgrades.

Last edited:

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just removed the nut and washer, didn't bother extending the cable, very easy, and costs nothing to do. Worst part is reaching up to the nut and washer, limber up and wear long sleeves.

boatman1975

REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Congrats on buying a new boat!! Welcome aboard!