• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New AR240 Owner from Bloomington In.

Overtime81

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife bought me a new AR240 for my birthday last month and so far we love it. Its a big change coming from a 22' 115hp pontoon. Ive already learned a lot on here in regards to maintenance and upkeep.
Also, Whats up with the Yamaha Jet boaters site? I tried to log on and it says my account has been suspended even though Ive never posted? Oh well, Id rather donate and support this site anyways.

Thanks,
Jim

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
My wife bought me a new AR240 for my birthday last month and so far we love it. Its a big change coming from a 22' 115hp pontoon. Ive already learned a lot on here in regards to maintenance and upkeep.
Also, Whats up with the Yamaha Jet boaters site? I tried to log on and it says my account has been suspended even though Ive never posted? Oh well, Id rather donate and support this site anyways.

Thanks,
Jim
Nice! You got banned there for joining here! Lol
Welcome!
Looking forward to meeting you at one of the events!
Check the starved rock run and shelbyville. Starved rock to peoria is on the 8th. Message me if you ever have a question!

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! You'll love the ar240. Make sure you change out that hard plastic bow stop on the trailer for a 4" Stoltz roller. It will save your gelcoat. Let me know if you have any questions. I bought a 17' ar240 at the beginning of the year and I've done a few mods and oil change myself.

Overtime81

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Probably won't make it on the 8th. Have to work that day but the family and I are making plans for next year

Overtime81

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! You'll love the ar240. Make sure you change out that hard plastic bow stop on the trailer for a 4" Stoltz roller. It will save your gelcoat. Let me know if you have any questions. I bought a 17' ar240 at the beginning of the year and I've done a few mods and oil change myself.

Thinking of doing the ribbon delete. Is it worth it?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Thinking of doing the ribbon delete. Is it worth it?
It's not a huge increase or anything and you aren't at an elevation where it will be crucial.

Overtime81

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's not a huge increase or anything and you aren't at an elevation where it will be crucial.
Good to know. Guess I won't mess with the ribbons. What about the snorkels in the air box? Should those be removed? Just looking for some easy performance mods. Thanks again for your help

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome. As @Speedling said we look forward to meeting your family at some events.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! You have an excellent boat.

Note that YJB entire site is suspended- not just your account.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Good to know. Guess I won't mess with the ribbons. What about the snorkels in the air box? Should those be removed? Just looking for some easy performance mods. Thanks again for your help
Let's put it this way; yes they will help but they aren't like a turbo for the boat. May get a small increase in power and mpg from the few mods you can do. I know there was a little talk of tuning the computer but nothing mainstream yet. Basically look at the few intake mods. Island racing, riva, jetboat pilot are sources for some engine/boat mods.
Unfortunately it's not like the car or v8 boat market

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The other site was just suspended for some reason, you were not banned, It is back up now. However there is a lot more activity and a lot more helpful information on this site in my opinion, the other site is pretty dead for the most part.

Overtime81

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The other site was just suspended for some reason, you were not banned, It is back up now. However there is a lot more activity and a lot more helpful information on this site in my opinion, the other site is pretty dead for the most part.
After looking at YJB, this site is far superior. I'll be doing my 10hr service and winterizing my boat next weekend thanks to the information I got from here. Thanks again