• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New AR240 Owner

Damsroy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi all,

Happy new owner of a 2016 AR240. Purchased through the classified section of JetBoaters.net from a member here who has been a wonderful seller throughout the entire process. https://jetboaters.net/threads/2016-ar240-for-sale.21470/

Boat is in a wet slip in saltwater so I might be able to document the long term effect of saltwater use..... At least thanks to this forum i'm doing everything i can to minimize/prevent them. Owned previously a I/O that was wet slipped but I understand jetboats are more sensitive to saltwater. We have three young kids and the prop was not really an option so we went with the Yamaha.

Boat has been in the water for a week and I already put 10 hours on it (had 86 hours when i purchased it, all freshwater). We are having a blast.

Here's what I have already done to the boat in the week I have owned it thanks to all the posts and advice I have been able to gather from this forum:

- shut off/rinsing valves: I installed the shut off valves from Island Racing in the transom under the clean out plugs tray. Easy install, took about 1h. I'm now rinsing/flushing the engines religiously after each outing with fresh water from a hose and Salt Away. Was initially doing both engines at the same time but got an ERR message (maybe not enough water for both engines) so now doing one after the other. It takes time but I guess it will pay long term for the longevity of the engines.

- Easylocks: Installed the easylocks on the clean out plugs. Looks like a cheap insurance... Very easy install, something like 5 minutes each side. Very easy to operate as well.

- bottom paint: Marina wouldn't allow airdock or similar to be installed so I had to do bottom paint. Paint is black on black hull so hardly visible. Dealership was also able to do the YES waranty transfer inspection at the same time.

- SeaDeck: replaced carpets with SeaDeck from JetBoatPilot.com with matching color with Seadeck installed on swim platform and anchor locker at factory (smoke over grey). Installation was easy and it looks really awesome!

- Lateral thruster from JBP: Based on many comments here I decided to install the LT even before trying the boat really (apart from the sea trial the day of the purchase). I figured I would have to maneuver and dock a lot since my boat is in a thight slip at the marina. LT are awesome. Make docking really easy. I initailly thought I would need some sort of fins but I'm very happy with this set up.

- Wakebooster + custom fatsac on transom and fatsac in ski locker: Still working on the ideal set up but did two sessions and we are surfing ropeless. Not bad for beginners!!! I will post a video of my wake in the Surfing section.

Thank you all here as I wouldn't have been able to learn everything I did and do the improvements/modifications listed above without this forum.

Damien992499925099251

Last edited:

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Boat looks mint! Best of luck with it!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've got the same boat different color. LOVE IT! Congratulations! I suspect you're going to have a fun summer.

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Welcome and Congratulations... Beautiful Boat!

Damsroy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did more reading and the sunscreen spray is from now on definitely banned form the boat!!!!
What about the potato chips????
Chips and spray sunscreen on your new boat? 😱 Lol

Welcome and that is a gorgeous boat! Great mods too!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Rumbo

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did more reading and the sunscreen spray is from now on definitely banned form the boat!!!!
What about the potato chips????
Crumbs all over that beautiful new Seadek, if you have kids it’s even worse! Then greasy fingers all over everything.