• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Bern, NC to Beaufort, NC day trip September 8, 2018 (Cancelled)

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So @bronze_10, @Eric Ballard, @Neutron, and myself just put a New Bern to Beaufort run on our calendars for September 8th and everybody who can is welcome to join!

We made this run last year but it was quite cold so our plan this year is to go earlier in the year to be able to enjoy the water.

We’ll cover more specifics as we get closer but we are tentatively planning to leave New Bern mid-morning, make the roughly 2.5 hr. run down the Neusse River into Adams Creek and down towards Beaufort. We’re planning to find a beach on Shackleford Banks where we can raft up and do lunch and splash around in the water for a few hours then head back that afternoon. It’ll be a full day trip but New Bern is a great little town if you want to come in the night before and/or stay the night of which my wife and I plan to do this year.

For all the Raleigh folks, it’s just over a 2 hour drive one way so it is definitely doable there and back in a single day which I believe @bronze_10 did last year.

More specific details to come as we get closer but if you are interested in joining us please let us know. The more the merrier!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Let's talk about lodgingfor staying the night. @AndyD I know u stayed last year with your boaton the trailer. Any idea about staying on the water or is the one imu stayed at large enough parking lot to put a few trucks and trailers?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was a bit confused on how this was a day trip until I realized that there is a Beaufort, NC as well as a Beaufort, SC. Perhaps someone can edit the title to include state codes? This is the second thread I have read about a gathering that I wold like to do .... Unfortunately my boat is likely staying in my home lake for quite sometime. All of these trips do make a good case for being a trailer queen however.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I was a bit confused on how this was a day trip until I realized that there is a Beaufort, NC as well as a Beaufort, SC. Perhaps someone can edit the title to include state codes? This is the second thread I have read about a gathering that I wold like to do .... Unfortunately my boat is likely staying in my home lake for quite sometime. All of these trips do make a good case for being a trailer queen however.
Good call on the thread title, thanks! I’ve updated.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Let's talk about lodgingfor staying the night. @AndyD I know u stayed last year with your boaton the trailer. Any idea about staying on the water or is the one imu stayed at large enough parking lot to put a few trucks and trailers?
There is a Hilton and a Marriott downtown that I’ve stayed at. Marriott is a little nicer but the parking lot is cramped. If they’re not busy you could probably get a few trailers in their lot however there is a public ramp right next door that has parking spots that they said a lot of Marriott guests use. The ramp lot doesn’t lock so no concern of getting stuck inside but security is not the Marriott’s concern. The Hilton has a sizeable lot but the hotel conditions aren’t as nice especially recently from what I’ve heard. We stayed at the Marriott last year and parked at the ramp next door.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is there boating around newbern that could warrant keeping the boat in a marina over night to boat around newbern the following day or is it pretty much the neuse river and that's it?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is there boating around newbern that could warrant keeping the boat in a marina over night to boat around newbern the following day or is it pretty much the neuse river and that's it?
We boat mostly in the trent. We tube, wakeboard, or just drop anchor and raft up. Depends on what you want to do.
The trent never has chop like the neuse. Just wakes fro. Other boaters

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Since you guys have already done this why not maybe a Beaufort to Elizabeth town run instead that looks fun. I going to plan that stretch in September or October sometime.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where is Elizabeth Town?
Only one in NC I could find was inland.
And Elizabeth City is too far to do on a day and back

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where is Elizabeth Town?
Only one in NC I could find was inland.
And Elizabeth City is too far to do on a day and back
Sorry yes Elizabeth City or you could do Belhaven NC it looks nice as well. You are correct on Elizabeth City I wasn't thinking about distance on it as when I do that run I only plan to go one way and not return by water.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If anyone needs overnight parking for their boat/trailer my yard is available. Can probrably fit at least 3.
My house is less than 5 minutes from downtown

ENC boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll pencil it in. We sold our house in Taberna and are starting on building on our creek house. Soooo much to do, but I would love to do it. I can dock a boat at my dock over night if any one needs it.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So gentlemen... Leah and I were just looking at hotels in the new bern area. Mainly the marriot and the Hilton. Both are sold out for sept. 8th weekend. So I did a season check of happenings for sept 8th in new bern. Apparently they are having a glow party that weekend. They are advertising it as the largest laser light glow party that has ever been put on in the eastern half of north carolina.... I wonder how packed the place will be... I know the Hilton and the marriott said they are sold out! @Neutron... What say you?

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So gentlemen... Leah and I were just looking at hotels in the new bern area. Mainly the marriot and the Hilton. Both are sold out for sept. 8th weekend. So I did a season check of happenings for sept 8th in new bern. Apparently they are having a glow party that weekend. They are advertising it as the largest laser light glow party that has ever been put on in the eastern half of north carolina.... I wonder how packed the place will be... I know the Hilton and the marriott said they are sold out! @Neutron... What say you?
Wellllllll......shit.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What about Bridgepoint Hotel and Marina?

Its opposite from Doubletree Hilton

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I wasn't planing on going to this but now I may. @veedubtek you and Carrie bringing the glow sticks and techno music?